Reviews for today
Cinnia Aine chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I just love the power behind the words in this poem. Speaker is making their point very clear to those who listen. I love the rhythm and the play on words. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to say - I'm still awed by the poem.
Joyful Girl in the Mirror chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
This was just beautiful. I especially loved the "gurl' part and "grl." I don't know what I could say that other reviewers hadn't already. I was just extremely impressed, yet again, by your writing talent. Superb job.
all you need is oxygen chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
i don't care if this was meant to be everything but read.

it's amazing.

i love the part about "a gurl with a url".

it's lovely, and creative.

the words rolled off of my tongue. i had to read it out loud quite a few times before i found a rhythm, though.
rassoodock chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
you are genius. amazing. if i could, i would swallow you whole in hopes of catching and absorbing some of your powers.
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
i just stumbled upon your writing today and i have to tell you that you impress me like crazy.

i love this piece. this is brilliant.

*favs*
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
holy fucking wow.

the motions of your words are incredible.

i've never seen a poem read at a 'slam' or anything,

but this paints a perfect picture, and i could hear it being read as i thought it.

actually, i have been asked to come perform some poetry of mine

at this little thing downtown with some friends,

but i had no idea what to do because most of my poems aren't meant to be read out loud-most of their thought comes from the line breaks,

but now i know what i will write for it.

thank you so much.

"I’m a disappointment, the scheduled appointment at the abortionist’s clinic

that didn’t show."

-your words say so much. very awesome.

great job. -ty.
servatis-a-pereculum chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
This is amazing, I can definitely envision how awesome it would be performed. The part with a "gurl with a url" is my favorite stanza, especially "nihilistically-degendered self."

Cop out review? I think not! _
herpius derpius7 chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I don't even know what to say.

I just loved this so much.

I'm yearning to see it preformed, now-if it's this good read, it must be even more amazing the way it was meant to be!

"today I’m a womyn with a Y, with a question of equality, with a lesson in admonition:

I am not the second sex, I am not just x plus x —

man plus womb does not equal justice."

was probably my favorite part of this.

I love how in-your-face this is.

"I have a vagina and breasts

instead of a penis and testes —

yes that’s right — I said it."

I had to chuckle there.

I know I've said this before, but this is just amazing.
La Vida chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Beautifully put. It's a war cry.

Another one for the favourites list. I should make a section for you. All your poems are so enthralling. You're the only poet on this entire site whose poetry I read and feel this invigorated.
she smolders chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Today, I think I was a lady.

I've never read a slam poem though but to me, this was perfection. Your descriptions, and the imagery, and the way the lines flow, just leave me speechless. What you say is true too, I feel like a different person everyday. Take care.
Some Assembly Required chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Wow, I really liked this and the idea of it, too. It flows really well when I was reading it aloud, even if it doesn't continually rhyme or whatnot. Especially like the first three verses. Haven't seen many Slam performances, so I can't exactly give constructive crit. but I think this was definitely very powerful.
Violet Marx chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Definitely very powerful. I haven't read much slam, so this is a bit different from what I /have/ read.

I like where you added rhyming/assonance in just the right places.

'shopping deals'. Hm. That puts the picture in my mind that you are trying to find a bunch of sales. Perhaps I am wrong, but from my experience those ladies love to brag about just how expensive it was, and that /they/ were able to pay for it, no sweat off their slender backs.

Yeah that's all I could find to critique. . Your poetry is fantastic.
Kicking Poe chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
really like the grittiness and intensity of this, as well as how you show all the facets of women. I'm not very familiar with slam poetry so I can't offer much of a critique, but this was definitely powerful and resonant. cheers.