Reviews for Kissing Chemotherapy, For Travis
ellipsis love chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
beautiful and sincere.
Stormer chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
This was so beautiful and heartbreaking - you were and are a dear friend to him. A wonderful tribute to a guy who sounds like he was wonderful too.

*Hugs*
MallowsWins chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
I'm so sorry for your loss. The unfairness of life ripped through the words of this poem, the saddness of it all was all too real. With your masterful use of words, you have captured pure emotion and put it on paper. I'll never know Travis, but he'll be mourned through your writing. I'll remember his name because of these words.

With love,

Daze
Chrissy chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Im so sorry to hear about your friend Travis. It saddens me in many ways. Not only in his passing, but how over the years the two of you Im so sorry to hear about your friend Travis. It saddens me in many ways. Not only in his passing, but how over the years the two of managed to seperate from one another, forgetting how o decipher life without meaning.

Its amazing how much something, or someone means to you at one point in your life, a life into the beginning unknown, and how at an opposite distance they suddenly, seemingly mean the world to you; as if your life might capsize and you dont know where you will find yourself grounded.

Its so heartbreaking knowing that so often, people (even oursleves) lose sight of the obvious and see everything so much clearer later with eyes wide open; completely amazed at how it was all missed before.

Its in those moments where we remember everything tiny detail as if it all just took place yesterday, in those stilled silnt moments where we wish we could gently clasp our fingers around that moment and hold on to it forever.

What we forget in all of the silence and forbodding thoughts of lifes consipracy against us, is that we are always remembered - face to face, or at a distance.

You know Travis is looking down at you right now, smiling, with his bright beautiful eyes, because he knows you've loved him all along.

Stand tall sweetheart. For Travis, and for you. Stand for everything you know he stood for, and what you stand for. Be beautiful. Because that is who you are.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
this is heartbreaking and honest and beautiful, and is all the things i love best about your work. the repetition is used perfectly and never dulls. i love the piece, and mourn your loss, and wish i knew you both.
bitter-sweet-ana chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
This was so, so beautiful. My eyes are glistening. Thank you for sharing this with us- it was for him, but you permitted me to capture it as well. I am blown away.

One of the best pieces I've ever read. You've captured so much feeling into your words.

Speaking technically, there were a few crashing words, where the cut for the next stanza didn't quite give them harmony. And I would change the title. But overall, wow.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend; but I must say this is a simply amazing way to remember him.

Favorited. Without a doubt.
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
that was heartbreakingly beautiful. death is always so foreign when it happens to someone your age ( i found out this summer this girl i knew from my high school died in a car accident: she was only 16) i love love the imagery in here. i'm sorry for your loss.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2