Reviews for The Green of Growing Things
Kyre Crow chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Yes, very intriguing first story. It really has me thinking; things like why was she in the forest in the first place, and what's with the house w/ the children?

Admittedly, it was difficult to follow in places, yes. But it painted a picture of the story in my mind, and I haven't found many stories that have done that to me in...well, a while.

And although the last line isn't suspenseful, and is a pretty well-used way of ending a chapter, the rest of the chapter was suspenseful, and pulled me into the rest of the story. Please write more!
LaraineGlass chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Very interesting first chapter. It really grabbed my interest.

The characters are all interesting and mysterious, Ascerius most of all. Your descriptions and metaphors are quite vivid and original. Please update soon. :)
For What Its Worth chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
I think it is an interesting story. I would like to see where it is going. Why are a man and children so deep in the woods? And what was Rin rambling about?
DELETED ACCOUNT 10212019 chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Sounds great so far, keep writing!
Seshtah chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
I like how you created Rin. The entire scene where she imagines what her mother will say is hilarious (well, in my mind anyways) Update soon!

-Seshtah
Callitha chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Good start. I like how you introduced and presented Marguerite, very interesting. As for critiques, I'd suggest breaking up the fourth paragraph into several paragraphs to make it easier to read (the actions inbetween the monologue is a good place to break). Not much else so far, keep writing!
Alteng chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Well, you have definately created a sense of mystery in this story, I will give you that. If I were Rin, I don't know if I could be so curious, but it works for her character.

As for Maruerite, I think I would make her 8 to 10 in age, but you might have your reasons.

Otherwise, I think it is a really good story, and it was quite enjoyable.
Abigail Radle chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
I liked the way the introduction grabs the reader's attention. It seems like a good beginning, though some of the flavor, the voice, of the MC feels like it gets lost through the course of the chapter. By the time I reached the end of it, it just didn't have the same ... feel ... as it did when it began. A writer's perogative, of course, since it may be intentional. I just thought it worth mentioning that I noticed. It's difficult to say whether I'll enjoy the story in its entirety, though, since this is only the first chapter. It's piqued my interest, so I don't doubt I'll read future chapters when you post them. :)