Reviews for Out of Tune
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
I really enjoyed this poem. All of your poems have a similar format; the rush of stanzas and then a sudden singular line, but unlike many writers, you manage to make each poem you write brand new. When I read this poem, I don't think of another one of yours that I've read. I like that.

This poem to me read like it should have rhymed in quatrains. I know it's free verse, and that not every stanza had four lines, but I automatically gave it that sing-songy rhythm in my head. This threw off my balance a bit, but after re-reading it, I forced myself to not think of it as a quatrain. )

All of your poems are so honest. So honest that it breaks your heart to read them, but in a good way. It's like a good John Cusack movie, really. The speaker in this poem is so unsure in the beginning. As the poem progresses, after the lines "Seperated by/Oceans of cold emptiness" the movement takes place, and the speaker seems to regain himself (or herself). I like the story that takes place. There is much to be speculated here.

Great job on your poem. I really liked analyzing it. You have a knack for writing very heartfelt and very human poetry.
Bri Neves chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Absolutely beautiful.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
Interesting reflection on codependence, for lack of a better term. Again, great first impression and worth a 2nd read later on. Keep it up, hun!
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
wow. That's beautiful love. I especially like the last stanza, as sad as it is. Nicely done!
Stormer chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Aw. That was sad. Very nicely written.

Oh, and there is hope for your soul and harmony yet, I think! :)