Reviews for Pharaoh
Guest chapter 3 . 10/18
Having an outside perspective could make Egypt stronger. With Thor's tactics they could become a hard fighting force. That's the advantage they don't know.

However, it is good that Karos is so paranoid. Tor is learning intimate details about how they think. He could be a threat, and I think if Karos didn't listen to his mother so much he could have an advantage. Out-thinking your enemy helps you remain a step ahead. But, Karos may not have the tools to out-think on multiple fronts.

I'm interested to hear if the girls were privy to any of these interactions. The oldest sister seem much more ruler minded.

I am hooked!

~ justhales
Guest chapter 2 . 10/18
So, we're seeing things through Iset's eyes. Shrewd, commanding, vicious. I can definitely feel her power. Watching her interact with her siblings really shows she is more suited to court life. Building her up strong from the beginning.

I think my favorite is Nari, she is more like me. I feel like she could be the secret cou. Holding all the secrets until the last moment and proving herself stronger than people think. Information is currency.

Karos, I feel, is too open for his own good. Masking doesn't seem to be a tool in his book. That can be dangerous, especially if people are as perceptive as his sister. It would be easy to manipulate him.

This is amazing.

~ jussthales
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18
Prologue: (I can't sign into my account but I started reading and love this already)

First person is difficult to get right, but I am hooked from the beginning. I feel like the Narrator is reliable, and whoever it is (is it the Pharao or one of his kids?) I get a strong sense of their personality.

Observant: able to keep track of other people and their dispositions.

Witty: able to make humorous remarks and convey information at the same time.

Wistful: thinking of the previous days and being able to take lessons away from them.

I am excited to see where this goes!

~ justhales
Layla chapter 27 . 2/16/2016
Please please please continue this masterpiece! This is the best story I have read, love the plot, the characters and the build up! it is a shame that you have stopped updating :( it is too good for you not to continue! I hope you will one day update again soon!
Littlefishgirl1103 chapter 27 . 10/25/2014
This story was excellent. I hope that you continue with the 2nd book. Great job!
Littlefishgirl1103 chapter 22 . 10/24/2014
I have to say, you are exceptionally good at writing out these clever, manipulative characters and their plans. It's making my head spin trying to follow it all!
Littlefishgirl1103 chapter 4 . 10/23/2014
I love the little quiz even though I'm super late lol...

Latium is the old name for the modern day region of Lazio which is where the Roman Empire was centered. Those really super hot sounding soldiers you described were Romans (I would think). I can't place the exact time though. I'm assuming that this is before the actual rise and spread of the Roman Empire but I'm not too sure. But I guess I'm clueless probably because I'm only 4 chapters into this story lol.

But I could be wrong. Let me know. :D
Cheyenne chapter 27 . 6/27/2013
Oh my gods...you updated! I don't know how many times I've read this story, but I stumbled across it again and then BAM! You just made my day. And the plot thickens. Kraos is just a pawn in a game ruled by women. Oh Nari, my poor baby. Panya...damn I love her my wicked queen. I hope you read this and continue with this brilliance even though you are busy. Also...this is kind of like an Egyptian version of Game of Thrones. Excellent writing.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/9/2013
I've been long gone from thsi site that I came just to read this update after an email notification.

Finally Iset gets what she always longed for-or at least a suggestion for it. Or will the candidate be Nari? Iset's reasoning has always proved to be the opposite in this chapter. I don't like Halima but hope her fate won't be too fatal-though well, its obvious that it would have been discovered sooner or later provided Halima's low but not so brilliant cunning.

I actually don't mind the length of your chapters as they are so far paced.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Solution: the brother will become pharaoh as long as he is of age - if he isn't the mother will take over as regent (in which case he will be lucky to live to his majority). If the brother is old enough he will become pharaoh immediately after his father's funeral rites. He will then marry both of his sisters, securing his right to the throne. The End.
Tricorvus chapter 6 . 6/4/2013
I love what you're doing. Why is this not a book. Oh, wait I can't afford a book, forget I asked...
Rock on
Tricorvus chapter 5 . 6/4/2013
This is QUITE well written. Very believable. I can feel the coolness of the marble floors and smell the smells and cringe at the avarice of Iset. Daddy's girl, my butt... (you know what I mean :D )
Guest chapter 27 . 6/2/2013
LOVED THIS CHAPTER! Thank you for updating...I thought you had forgotten about this wonderful story! Update soon! :D
Guest chapter 7 . 2/11/2013
You used the words barbarian which is Greek and Pleb which is latin when Iset was talking. Any way by the time rome was expanding Egypt was in control of the Ptolomey's who were Greek.
sanguine eyes chapter 11 . 12/30/2012
:) I still love this story! Good job!
120 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »