Reviews for Pharaoh
Ioga chapter 22 . 1/6/2012
Oh, it looks like I should grab myself an update! Haven't I reviewed this chapter yet either?

I've been rather liking the development of Iset of late, as her position gets more unstable and we get to live in some horror besides all the frustrated self-overestimation and suchlike.

Thanks for this!
Alex Rashid chapter 24 . 12/13/2011
AHHH! Iset! Poison? UPDATE SOON? I love this story!
Alex Rashid chapter 19 . 12/11/2011
Aww...that was sweet. :)
Alex Rashid chapter 18 . 12/11/2011
I LOVE THIS STILL!

And i was surprised at Halima. She is scetchy...XD
Alex Rashid chapter 16 . 12/11/2011
Kraos shoulda punched a slave. XD
Alex Rashid chapter 10 . 12/9/2011
This is good. Long chapters. My stories don't have long chapters. My readers are suggesting that I make the chapters longer. I just stop them because I reach a cliff hanger. any suggestions? PM me. :)

Alex Rahsid
Alex Rashid chapter 8 . 12/9/2011
Awww...:( I wanted the Pharaoh to live...:'(

I wonder wat Iset is thinking about kraos being the Pharaoh...
Alex Rashid chapter 7 . 12/9/2011
I don't trust Tor for some reason...or Kraos...
Alex Rashid chapter 5 . 12/9/2011
I am still loving this story!
Alex Rashid chapter 4 . 12/8/2011
Dis is getting better. but i haves to go to bed now...:(

forum/Role_Playing_Egyptian_Life/5824/

and im serious about the RP. We need more people. and you know a lot about egypt. pls PM me. :)
Alex Rashid chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
Ok. The A/N answers my previous question. but, still, what books did you read. I WANNA LEARN!

Alex
Alex Rashid chapter 2 . 12/8/2011
I LOVE! I'm gonna read the whole thing, cause I love egypt! Is the egyptian the characters speak authentic? Cause, if it is, whered ya learn?

Alex Rashid

PS. I have an Eygptian life RP if you are interested... forum/Role_Playing_Egyptian_Life/5824/

And please read and review my story Blossoms. I need feedback! :)
Ptolemaios chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
apps/forums/

I've read your story from the very beginning and now I offer you a chance to join us.
GoS chapter 24 . 7/22/2011
Woohooo! I like Iset's comeback really much. I adore her ingenuity and lack of conciousness. Can't wait to read more!
woodland.goddess chapter 23 . 7/16/2011
I guess before I say anything else I have to express my distress for Nari's situation. It kind of breaks my heart that she's caught in a loveless marriage. And I hate to be such a cynic, but it will stay loveless. It's so depressing because she's so sweet and she deserves a man who will love her. I probably shouldn't be disliking Sraemy as much as I am, it's not entirely his fault, but it really bothered me to see him boil their marriage down to how it benefitted him socially. SHE LOVES YOU, PLEASE STOP. He's also completely taking advantage of her romantic nature in telling her that if they move slowly love will come like it does in an epic. Run, Nari, he doesn't love you back! ( Okay, clearly I'm hugely romantic myself. (Remember when I thought Sraemy was cute? How things change. I do like that he still has those boyish, unassuming mannerisms like bouncing on the balls of his feet. It sets him up as someone who should be romantic and naive and then he subverts it by being entirely not, which is probably why I'm so angry with him.) (Well, okay his is romantic, but he is in love with the wrong woman.)

Before I get any further, two errors (again, I apologize if they've been pointed out):

When Sraemy talks about Nari's eyes, "such sadness are trapped within them" - the grammar doesn't agree. You either was "such sadnesses are" or "such sadness is"

Secondly you mention the storm in court "growing to a break point", you mean a breaking point.

I think what I like most about this chapter is that we see that Nari is scheming in her own quiet way; she schemes to keep attention off of her by using Iset as cannon fodder. It's interesting, because it really makes her less of a black sheep than she first appears, especially because she's kind of throwing her sister under the bus, which Iset actually has reservations about when the roles are reversed; she seems to genuinely affectionate toward and protective of Nari. I don't think she has any idea about her older sister's hidden side. Nari's devious when she's threatened, she's just really good at hiding behind an angel's face. Tor nailed it: she was on the ball coming up with lies and cover stories. She'll be dangerous if she's pushed, and I expect a few shockers from her down the line, she defintiely has a mind for court games. (I'm starting to feel like Kraos is the only one who doesn't. Poor guy, surrounded by such calculating women.)

Halima is hilarious in this chapter. She is so fishing getting Iset to go to the dressmaker, I do not buy that EVERY one of the Queen's servants/slaves is otherwise occupied and can't run an errand. She's just trying to humiliate Iset.

That actually leads to a question I have for you... Are characters like Iset and Nari always accompanied by a retinue of servants? Privates conversations and secrets are so important to this story, and I just can't believe they-Iset especially- would have some of these discussions with a bunch of people nearby.

Right, back to Halima. Is she trying to fake a pregnancy with that billowy dress? How very interesting... she's definitely not really pregnant. (And kudos to Iset for the way she makes her point. Way to mess with the order.)

Livius is kind of terrifying in this chapter. At first I thought he was trying to rape Nari's servant girl, but apparently he was just strangling her for fun? That makes me worry about what he may do in the future.

That's it for this chapter. (I'm almost caught up!) Wonderful as always! (I'm glad I read it twice, I remember being a bit confused the first go, but my second read helped clear up what everyone was doing and why.) I'll be reviewing the next chapter fairly soon. Probably today or tomorrow. Cheers!
113 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »