Reviews for Why the World is a Bad Place for Girls
empathic life chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Very powerful. I love how you portray your emotions so vividly... You manage to fit the imagery and symbolism and message all in there so wonderfully, and a political statement on top of that! Agh. You make me so jealous. The last stanza summed up the poem extremely well, for it being such a long, twisted piece of work; it really tied everything together.
DeathMetal18 chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
mention huh? me too. Hey fuck me, this is your time. I loved this, It made so much sense and was so true that it made me, I dont know,Sad I guess. Sad at the fact that our world is this bad and is made up of perverted little fucks and killers. Damn you got me thinking. You know you got something good when you get me thinking. I hate to think about social issues because then I cannot stop! I have to say this is one of your best pieces that I have ever read from you.

-Twilight Wolf
hear my cry chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
first of all, i love the title, and i love the idea of poetry as a social commentary. it's a bit cynical, but i really like the image of innocence preserved behind a locked door. good job!

-k
Abysmal Tr3pidation chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I really love the fact that you wrote this poem about something that truly matters. I completely agree with you when you say "The way society has become is far from acceptable."

Keep Writing.

**Indiana**
brokendreams21 chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Yesh, innocence is a pretty white flower. D

And yes again, the world is a messed up place. We are ALL corrupted. S Not a good thing. The war is a good topic to discuss. Arms are too...( Our flags are at half-mast.

I'm not talking about the poem at all. Silly me. I totally missed the point right there.

You make a really good point with your poem, but it makes the world sound like a horrible place. Well, it probably is. But with 5 'evil/bad' things, there are probably some good things. Depends on your views, blahblahblah.

I especially liked the stanza about war and corrupted politicians. (Yes, I am drawn to it...) Sometimes the war IS within...as cheesy as that sounds. *sigh* The world is a bad, bad place...

All in all, I really enjoyed this. It's nice to read about lost innocence. You really captured something cool here. (Sorry I couldn't think of a better word. And sorry that my review sort of sucks.)

Awesome job!

Katty

PS Yay! I get a mention on your profile. ]
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
A pessimistic barrage, Baxter. The world has, and always will be a corrupt place; in the past though at least they were honest about it! Eh?

The best you can do is accept that you can't change it.

Later chief,

Alan.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
This makes some marvelous points about society and the world in general. The use of specific descriptions and scenes brings out the point that things have turned from bad to worse, at least in some entertainment venues. Excellent work. True, honest and relatable. MD:77.
oxytocin chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Hard-hitting and intelligently portrayed. By the way, heroin the drug is spelt without and 'e' at the end, unless you are meaning to talk about the main female character in a novel and not about a derivative of morphine. I like the long words in this - bureaucracy (what does that mean?), democracy... It's almost uncomfortable to read, because it is so true. Your writing is very honest.
SirScott chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
This was a pretty good poem. I don't think television's power will ever be dethroned and the polls will continue to determine things as long as people submit to them.

SirScott
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Still enjoy this from five minutes ago. The overall message is strong if a bit concise, but that more than not simply adds to its power. The last stanza is incredible.

Wolfie (aren't I a pusher? )