Reviews for counting
notACTUALLYwriting chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
living in America, we all suffer from an eating disorder.

unless you raise your own food, I guess. Or you don't live in America.

I like "unemployed, fired by my body". Makes me laugh.
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Oh wow, this is very stunning and I'm almost lost for words. There are so many beautiful lines in this piece, I won't bother picking them out. Amazing job.

Thanks for the review on "Down Another Rabbit Hole". I actually agree with you, and am working on changing the second stanza which I'm not wild about either.

Rowan.
Countess Chocula chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
"or sucking on an ice cube/to cool your frayed nerves and/so it looks like you are eating./(it feels like eating)/(what is this feel?)"

That part stands out to me so much. It's like...it could be a poem on its own. It sums up the whole idea, the whole feel of this piece. Shivers and chills...
GirlxAnachronism chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
You are so amazing! I love the way you describe the never ending cycle. I also suffer from an eating disorder, not saying it to brag but i just understand what you are talking about.

vomited my

peasant offering to porcelain gods.

so amazing! This is one of my Favorites.
in a jar pk chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
'peasant offering to porcelain gods' and '(80 lbs and counting . .yet?)'

wowzaa.

this is absolutely gorgeous.

i'm sure that by now you're tired of my reviews telling you how good you are, but i honestly can't critique this piece! xx
channel-violet chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
There is no words to explain this. Lovely. Beautiful. Bittersweet. The last line is really spine tingling("80 lbs and counting and . .yet?"). I had never went through an eating disorder however I really give kudos to many people that realize that being thin isn't always in.

*adds to faves*

Keep on writing

-Mika
lackluster chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
"a new promise lays,/virginal and craving a testride;/a thought, an innocent gleam/of fucked glitter rushes through" i love those lines. the ending too, is just heartbreakingly beautiful and it really captures the reader. makes everything all the more real.
Lead Girl chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
" . .yet?"

That seems to be a recurring theme in your poems about weight. This seems to be a pretty side of anorexia. The words you use, the imagery make it seem almost...beautiful. The last part really hit me hard though, "'baby,' i say to myself, so that no one will hear, 'you're finally getting there'".

Favorites: "my heartbeat cries out-wait, don't forget me"

"suddenly i am 3 inches tall and unemployed, fired by my body"
flies.like.decay chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
I don't know what to say, ha ha. (You: holding back a sigh of relief..) So, this was good... Yeah...
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
I love that ending, I love how everything before that point just sets it up for one big last b-a-n-g, and then you have that ending that pierces your heart and makes you feel . . . Well, alive.

I adore: ""you're finally getting there".

(80 lbs and counting and

. .yet?)"

Simply, because it just speaks everything you where trying to say and it ends it nicely, too.

Wonderful; really, really wonderful.

- Noelle