Reviews for What someone once taught me
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Yes I agree, and sadly this is the explanation of why two people who are hurting and want so badly to help each other are so helpless.
lymli chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
I agree with you completely.
Aelux chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Hmm...This is probably the perfect thing for me to review at this moment. Let me give you some food for thought on the ideas you've presented here. I can easily disagree and disprove these ideas. Whether you adhere to them or not is at your discretion and I take no offense if you choose to reply to me and say you completely disagree.

Most people, in this day and age, when they like themselves, trust themselves, love themselves, it's because they are neive and conceited. Anyone with some insight and pondering, would understand that the self is naturally wicked. This being so, it would make it difficult for any of your ideas to become ideals within any ones self. In conjuction with this understanding, a desire is born to make others lives less cumbersome - leading to loving, liking, making friends, trusting, etc...

Beleive it or not, the inverse of what you've stated is the unequivocal truth. Let's take love for one example. We, as beings of carnality fall into love too easily, usually because in our minds whether in the forefront or subconscious, we believe we're undeserving of love therefore when someone comes along who possibly does love us, we fall head over heals (guilty as charged). Of course there is also the other side of this, where the loveless person is pessimistic and as such, they miss out on those opportunities.

Let me also add here, that the naive and concieted will most likely fall into lust, rather than love. Depending on the innocence of the person, this varies. There are so many variables in what you've brought up that no one conclusion can be drawn since it's soely dependent on the persons experience, perspective, and motivation.

So, you can take this any way you wish. If you wish to reply, you're very welcome to. I could talk on this subject all day and all night. Sorry for the length, but you can't tell me I didn't review thoroughly. *laughs*
Lisa98 chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
i would like to hear this one read out loud

i feel there is a lot of feeling behind it

and perhaps a whole other story too : ) !
Sarah Supernova chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I disagree, actually. I love my friends quite a bit, but I have self esteem issues. For the most part, I help people but not myself.
GeminiJ37 chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
That's brilliant. This teacher sounds very wise and caring. I can completely relate to the 6th line. I'm getting better at helping myself, but it's hard.
InkyPink chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Oh! Those are very wise words...I'll try to remember them!
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Very true. I liked this, but it seemed to be a little bit more of a list instead of a poem. I think this is something I should remember so I'm going to have to come back to this and remind myself to make sure I don't forget. ) Nice work.
Yellowierd0 chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
Wow...

I never thought about that.

Oh dear... guess I'm completely off that '
Bethiec1387 chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
I have heard this before... And I totally agree!
Sophia Victoria chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
I have to agree with you.

We are so used to the fact that 'mind others before yourself' thing that we have no more time to 'feel' ourselves. We have to check our inner souls first before checking others because we are the ones who are truly responsible to our thoughts and feelings.

You have a good point there, although you may try a metamorphism or make this prose longer. That's all!

jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
I think you've got a good point here! Or she did, but you wrote it down really good! I think it's true, all of it! But the confidence-thing, I'm not so sure of: if you're not really confident of yourself, you CAN be a good friend, I think.. But good writing!
sweets555 chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
i agree entirely, great job! love it, its going on my favourites.
Katja de Wit chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Though I'm really not loving myself, right now, this is very true.

Katja