Reviews for Motherland
Krimsyn chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Very cute story. About the translations, it actually made it easier, there are a lot of times people use another language but don't write what it means in English (I keep a translating site open for it) so it is very much appreciated :)
Insanity's Genius chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Great story! D
yuanyuan chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
hi !

Twinfetish chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I would actually like to thank you for putting in the translations after the authentic language. I don't mind it when people use a foreign language in their stories, but it can get frustrating to read sometimes because I don't know what they are saying. It helped me a lot.
chickin'SOUP chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
yes, it really came across as authentic! (: how do you do it! how do you keep writing all these fantastic fics!
AmazinqlyyChaoticx3 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
would yuu ever do a sequel ?

this was an AMAZING one shot ! ; D

its two different cultures with homosexual people !

my two favorite thinqs other than suqar && the internet ! : D

but seriously ,

yuu should do a sequel !
angielala32 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Aww I loved it! It was so cute :)

I liked the vietnamese and english mix, it made it more realistic. Good job!
frogs of war chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Your translations were nicely done. I know someone who got his hand caught in farming machinery. He would have died without medical attention. Minh is lucky to have full use of his hand.

I love the way you mix the languages and cultures. With your descriptions I could see and hear Saigon.

Minh was too good at playing innocent. Poor Wes he took forever to get a clue, but poor Giang. He thought Minh would eventually be his.
neeree chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I liked the translations. They really did add to the whole experience. I didn't get some of the explanations...like the bed, and the sugar cane machine. But overall it had a very good vibe, and I liked it. Will you ever do a sequel? Maybe Minh coming to America?
Poptart Guava King chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
it was awesome! very well written ;D
MacKitty chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
i like the translations :D

i also like how realistic it seems. most of your stories seem very realistic. :) nick and jay made me sad though...:( it was still good
i-see-faeries chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Aw, how cute. This was really nice. A bit random and vague on details, but nice. I like it!
Helizabeth chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
aw! that was so cute! i loved it!
persimmon chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
All my reviews are going to sound the same. But, yay, yay, yay, yay! And you're awesome, seriously. And it all sounded so authentic and beautiful. I've never been to Vietnam but I've seen photos of it and from your descriptions I got a real sense of what it was like there...even if a lot of it was just sort of atmospheric. I loved that Minh was wise to it the whole time...cheeky bastard, and really hope it ends well for them...poor Giang though, I hope he manages to find happiness too, I know I'd absolutely die of excite if there's a follow up story for him, but, hey, that may not be how you work, and sometimes, loose ends are nice...or at least provocative, which, when done well, is so much better...
Fei chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Aww, so cute. Vietnamese boy-love... uber sexy xD

Hmm... one thing I noticed is you said "Toi yeu em" for I love you. It should be "anh yeu em" I think (my vietnamese isn't great, but "em yeu anh" is one of the few things I do remember).

I liked the way you wrote this, it made me smile. I liked Minh alot (but I am weak for cute Vietnamese boys hehe)

Anyway, it was very cute :)