Reviews for Sweet Miseria
No name chapter 33 . 8/2/2012
Amazing!
No name chapter 25 . 8/2/2012
Normally I wait till the end to review but I just wanted to say this is really really good! Amazing
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Hi there! This is Melissa from the site A Drop of Romeo. Sweet Miseria has been added to our site under the Supernatural/Fantasy category. Congrats! Here's your review, hun:

Melissa Thinks: Sweet Miseria is filled with all sorts of cliche goodies: love triangle, hate/love, forbidden, and of course the hefty amount of supernatural/fantasy. Viola is an unorthodox young woman; a PCI, Preternatural Crime Investigator, with a bad reputation and a penchant for trouble. When she's relocated to Dallas, things start to go a little eery. Old friends, near encounters with death, and sexy supernatural beings keep her on her feet in her new surroundings.

What really stood out was the narrative. Its filled with wit and unique voice that charms the reader throughout the entire story. Raico constructs a setting which shows not only some of the more glamorous sides of the supernatural world, but also much of the gory, harsh, realistic truths about an often romantisized topic.

There is an air of mystery regarding Viola and her past that unravels as the story progresses that kept me intrigued and eager to read more of the story. And speaking of our heroine, one of the more defining qualities of Sweet Miseria is the strength and spunk that Viola continues to display. It's very refreshing compared to the fragile, soft natured girls you usually see. If you're looking for an action packed, humor filled, paranormal story with a side of steamy romance, then look no further because this story is for you.
marshak chapter 10 . 5/22/2012
Wow! Ouch Leon...and Edward, way to be such a*holes. Too bad the two most delicious guys had to be total let-downs; personally, I was still droolin over Cameron *sigh* from chapter 7.

I feel like Edward will be able to b.s. his way out of (?)forgetting to mention(?) the dead vamps because of his hottness.

Is Leon's fiance human? I have a feeling that she's going to be jelous and vengeful soon -unless she already is and has a very convincing innocent act...if she's Withcy she's in the perrrfect position to set up the pieces for Viola's chessboard-of-doom.

*(1)*She knew Leon was bringing V to Dallas {didn't like him bringing the ex into her territory}.

*(2)*Set up Victor for the vamp bar massacre, then get him blown up and make V pay a blood debt to the wolves {since Chloe is pretty much the Alpha female, she could sick the pack on V for "retribution"}.

!Because we all know Chloe thought that wonderfully scrumptious bag of McD's was really for her and that's the reeeal reason she tracked Leon down like a blood hound.!
Kirstie chapter 33 . 3/16/2012
This was SO good! Fantastic! I'm so glad I read it! All gushing aside I was shocked with how well it was written. I'm used to reading something on this site where the leading lady ends up a changed personality but you kept her just as bad-a$$ as before and I'm so glad.

Truth be told... I'm kind of glad things with her and Eddy are over. Maybe you'll bring them back together in the sequel, I don't know but I kind of liked Leon or even Jack. I have no idea what it is about dear Edward but he just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe you are just such a good writer that the betrayal has made me dislike him. Any case, I'm so glad I found this and can't wait to read the sequel. I just hope you finished it because I hate getting sucked into a story only to have it not be done lol.

Thanks!
Ary Dunham chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I love it already!
Valkyreff chapter 7 . 2/8/2012
ok, quick question/critique. What color are Edward's eyes? In this chapter alone they have changed from jet to jade to ginger. Or do they change color? If they do, I would specify that they do, in fact change color, whether with his moods or his power increase/decrease or whatever.

Just trying to help!
Ederra chapter 33 . 11/29/2011
Ok first off, I absolutely loved it.

Viola was just an overall awesome character, that you developed quite well. It's good to see that she's isn't just kick-ass but she also has the complexities that make her more realistic.

I'm usually not one for the whole supernatural thing (because of the burst of vampire books...) but I've got to say, this has definitely roped me back into the genre.

So yeah, it's definitely one of the most action-packed, suspenseful, kick-ass fics that I've read in awhile.

-E
ValkyreFF chapter 4 . 9/10/2011
Wow, I really like this story! I love the character you have going in Viola. She's tough but not annoying in the way of Anita Blake, if you've read those books. I love the police procedure stuff too, it almost sounds like you're familiar with it. Kudos!
MuffinsRoxSox chapter 33 . 8/31/2011
Hi. :) I was bored, and out of habit, I guess, I started profile surfing and found this lovely story. I'm pretty sure you're pretty busy, and might not reply to reviews, like a lot of peole on this site. But it's cool, I get it. I'm busy too, especially with school starting up and all of that gross stuff. Well, if you are reading this, your story is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I especially enjoy the action. I'm a big fan of action movies/stories. But it's so hard to find good action stories without it being really vague with the details. One of the main reasons why I enjoyed this. Also, your characters, epspecially Viola, just have this way of drawing you in. I love it.

I hate Edward for what he did, but I still love him. He's just that awesome. My favorite male character would have to be Jack, though. Everything about him is just...yum. And I mean that in the most non-cannibalistic way possible. I don't even know if cannibalistic is a really word, but ok. :)
Ray-Anne chapter 33 . 8/23/2011
The beginning was slow but very much worth it.
m chapter 24 . 7/26/2011
Will we get to meet Auntie Morta in the next book?
M chapter 16 . 7/26/2011
I like how that chapter ended. It vaguely foreshadows the whole Viola and Edward thing.
liminalzest chapter 33 . 4/2/2011
Finished the story in a day! I liked it very much. You're right though, Edward's name needs to be changed. I wonder why shifters lose out to vamps in most of the stories...Looking forward to reading the sequel.
cutepanda chapter 2 . 3/10/2011
Hehee love your series so far

Was just wondering if you've ever read the Anita Blake series? :]