Reviews for Gatekeeper
Opal Rose chapter 26 . 5/18/2007
*squeal* So much awesomeness in this chapter! Heh.

This was really well done. Lots of emotion that you could almost feel, just from reading it.

Update again soon, and I'll give you cookies! I can't wait to read more.

~Opal
Kathleen Moon chapter 26 . 5/18/2007
o...-eyes wide- wow...and you sure you aren't good at love scenes...I'd hate to see what you call good...lol...and as for Rogue and Yuan, there is a very thin line between hate and love...:) Update soon!
Queen of Subtle Darkness chapter 26 . 5/18/2007
-dies and goes to Heaven- That was an amazing chapter. So well written.. And finally some action! -glomps- You deserve cookies -gives millions of white chocolate and raspberry ones- There! Share them with Kaji and Aniol... Rogue doesn't get any though.. He was mean to Yuan last chapter...
Opal Rose chapter 25 . 5/18/2007
Wow.

Awsome story. It's so...Wow.

Okay, so I suck at reviews. You get the point, your story is awesome.

Update soon!

~Opal
Kurohane Shizumi chapter 25 . 5/18/2007
Another great chapter, as always. I love the new summary. (LOL) Here are those anwsers to your questions.

You need a completed manuscript, at least. Every company has different requirements but this is always the same. They only read about the first twenty pages but having a completed manuscript looks good. Make sure it's in the finest format you can muster, too. Professionalism is the key to a good impression.

To be safe a copyright is best. Some people pay lots of money to get a copyright. The easiest way to get one is by printing out that completed, perfect manuscript (all God-knows-how-many pages) and mailing it to yourself. I don't know the exact details as to why this copyrights but, believe me, it does.

Most publishing companies will have you mail your manuscript to their company. If you don't live in the state, it can get quite price-y so do your research on how much it might cost and how much you are willing to spend.

My first story, Deep Love ~ First Year (Fukai Ai ~ Ichinen) was on for about a year, then I posted the sequel. It's okay to have posted it and then taken it off to get it copyrighted and published and there's no limit to how much. If people love your book and want more of it, they will buy it. (For instance, Vic Magnogna created a fan video for FullMetal Alchemist where all the voice actors cosplayed their characters and showed it at cons. When he tried to get it produced, they told him he had to stop showing it but it had already been seen. So it's okay to post here and then try to get it published.)

You are NO novice. Your writing is very professional and as I stated before, I would totally buy this book if it every came out in stores. I think you definately have a shot.

Well, who you want to send it to has to do with the content of the book and finding a company who speciallizes in that area. (HarperCollins, for instance, does a lot of adventure/fantasy stories.) My own story is shounen ai/yaoi so I'm targeting publishing companies that publish stories of that genre. The second category you might want to look into is the format of your story; the way you want it to look when it's published. I want picture inserts in my book so I'm looking closely at TokyoPop's and DMP/Yaoi Manga's publishing requirements. (By the way, publishing requirements can often be found on that company's website.)

Thanks for your questions! If you have anymore don't hesiate to ask more!

~Shizumi ~_~
dawn's unforgiving darkness chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
omg

i was just imagining their expressions at the end and one word: HILARIOUS!

lol

loved it
Kathleen Moon chapter 25 . 5/17/2007
definately can not wait until the next chapter...and is there something going on between Yuan and Rogue ;) hehehe...update now! soon, in the very very near future?
Kathleen Moon chapter 24 . 5/16/2007
hehehe, I have a big notebook, but I often don't have room to carry it places, so I have the wee little one...it works :) Loved the chapter...did you mean that Aniol has an addiction for Kaji's touch, etc...because you put in Rogue's name...last I checked, Aniol still liked Kaji... just thought I'd mention it!
C. Khafre chapter 24 . 5/16/2007
Yeah, Rogue is especially interesting... but scary too. I'm still not convinced whether he's actually on the 'good' side, so well done, I guess. This is probably the only story on my alerts that gets regularly updated, which is why I'm reviewing ; ) Not to mention, it's written excellently, with no apparent typos : )
Vampgurl99 chapter 24 . 5/16/2007
Hihi!

I know, I've been gone for a while, but with good reasons. Lots of homework to do and essays to write and sports to play! No time left for reviewing your story!

Sorry! But I'm back right? Anyways, the previous chapters have been wonderful. I wish that you could have spent a little more time when the group met the strange figure. I didn't quite understand the last couple of paragraphs of chapter 22, when the boy used the code words of "gates of shadow and time." What does Anei mean by the last sentence, "Technically speaking, unless one of the two trusted by Kiev had developed a loose tongue uncharacteristic of the those usually granted such trust, he should be the only person alive that still knew those words." That the boy should be dead? That he's too old to still be alive? I was confused about that part.

I like in chapter 23, that you don't spend a lot of time describing their journey through the desert because that would take a lot of time and possibly wasted energy. Was the town/city that they end up coming to, where they were supposed to end up in? Is it some kind of outpost or a bustling city? Is the place in the middle of the desert? Is all of the land, including where Kaji lives, a desert? Or is there varied climates? I like how you added that tidbit on drinking too much water and stuff. I only thought that pertained to eating food after starvation, but I guess it extends to water. O and we get to see the soft side of Rogue? He just keeps on getting sweeter. Perhaps you should have a side story when you're finished that has Rogue's story!

Will we get to see what's in Aniol's purse that the boy gave him? Has Aniol looked in it yet? Is he hiding it from Kaji and the others?

I think you made a mistake in paragraph 4, when you're describing why Aniol doesn't reach out towards Kaji and keeps his distance. You wrote, " He feared rejection; he feared addiction, addiction to Rogue's touch, to Rogue's skin, his kisses, his gentleness, his affection..." when it should be Kaji, not Rogue. Unless you mean to start a love triagle. Uh oh! Then Kaji would just get even more jealous and upset! I wonder what the readers would think...

Rogue does seem to have a little too much fun at the end of the chapter, but a good way to persuade the merchant into letting them buy the horses. Where is the group heading? What's their plan/ultimate destination because I don't think you mentioned their plans at all before. Maybe you could reveal part of their plan/destination in the POV of Kaji, explaining his fears for the future, what he wants to try and accomplish while king. Or, maybe write about his fears for the city under Karl's rule.

Will we get to see the destruction the war(s) have caused to the physical landscape? Maybe have the group pass through a ghost town or a town that was recently burned or something to show the reality of what Kaji's carelessness has caused his people.

Just suggestions for you, hope you have fun during your boring lectures, bring something to keep you awake, maybe gum? That way chewing the gum will help you from dozing in the middle of someone talking!

Vampgurl99
Kurohane Shizumi chapter 23 . 5/16/2007
Hahahaha! I didn't?

Well, I'd love to help you get whatever published. But you have to ask specific things. *shrug* Ask me anything! _

Another AWESOME chapter!
C. Khafre chapter 23 . 5/15/2007
Cool story... Aniol, Kaji and Rogue are very interesting characters.
Kathleen Moon chapter 23 . 5/15/2007
well, I believe we are all drawn to the mysterious Rogue, and to the more mysterious Anei...but, right now I'm happy on the developments between Aniol and Kaji...Aniol's mind was much clearer this time...and he's so cute! I just want to hug him and never let him go...lol...o! I found that I can't always take my lovely large writing notebook everywhere with me, so I bought a purse-sized one and new pens...can't do without the new pens...I am much more happy now...my imagination will not have the opportunity of sneaking up on me without pen and paper by my side...Update soon!
Kurohane Shizumi chapter 22 . 5/15/2007
W007! Another chapter! . I'm hooked...

Great as ever!

I love you!

Keep Writing!

A reader chapter 22 . 5/14/2007
This is a review on behalf of all those who read the story and don't. We love this story.
402 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »