Reviews for Gatekeeper
Kathleen Moon chapter 18 . 5/9/2007
aww, I hope you feel better...sleep sounds really good to me too...maybe I'll do that when my science class is over...hmm...sounds so appealing...and I also have to update because I had written something to post yesterday, but time flew away from me so I didn't post when I said I would, and therefore, I have to post again this week as punishment...I'm hard on myself, and it doesn't reflect in the writing, which is the amazing part...great chapter...I can't wait to find out how Aniol is when he wakens! Update soon, but get some sleep and some chicken noodle soup first...
Vampgurl99 chapter 18 . 5/9/2007
Yay! Good chapter! Thanks for the really long review response last chapter. Sorry you had to write a lot for the response but I appreciate responses to my reviews.

It makes sense that there aren't multiple plots but at times they seem like multiple plots, especially the wars, whether they are resolved seems kind of separate to what's going on right now. I'm beginning to enjoy Rogue more and more with each chapter. I think he's more of a character right now than Aniol! :( Then again Aniol seems to always be unconscience. :(

I liked Rogue's response to Kaji's question about Anei. Interesting, it made sense once Kaji figured it out but I was just as confused as Kaji when Rogue described Anei.

Do you live in Europe or something? Cause of the differences in times, I am reading chapter 18 right now at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Makes me wonder.

I also like how you use Rogue to let the reader know about the goings on with the city. Heightened security, frightened inhabitants, etc. He's kind of like Kaji's link to the outside world in a way.

Poor Kyo are you still sick? I thought, when you wrote you AN about how it was difficult to write the chapters, that you were running out of motivation for the chapters. Got a little scared there! Hope you feel better!

I feel like you need some kind of fanart or something cause I'd really like to see what Aniol and Kaji look together. As well as Rogue, he seems pretty mysterious! Hope that you're doing better and that you'll update soon, although I may not review for the next chapter, depending on when you update it at. I'm in cram mode right now! Talk to you soon!

Vampgurl99
Esquirella chapter 17 . 5/9/2007
Maybe he's asexual then. * grin *

Nice update. Cool friend Rogue has there.
Wandering Hand chapter 17 . 5/9/2007
Another Great update (well actually bunch of updates since I've been away a few day and didn't review the last couple of chapters).

I HATE KARL!

If you can work it into the story I'd like to see someone drop an anvil on his head, or maybe give him a really bad case of herpes!

Keep up the good work

LS
tricksy chapter 17 . 5/8/2007
I don't believe there are enough words in the English language to express how much I adore this story.

At first, I was going to pass it over. As a general rule, I tend to ignore things that in any way resemble fantasy or a different world/time of some sort. However, I decided to give it a chance and by god am I glad that I did.

I haven't read something like this in a long time. It's incredibly unique in itself and it seems like it has taken a lot of thought on your part. You've either worked hard on this or you're a complete genius and both of those are admirable in my opinion. I love the beginning of each chapter, those small paragraphs seem so sagely.

The best part, believe it or not, is your vocabulary. It's rather extensive and it gives the story flavor and edge. Not to mention the fact that I can taste, feel, smell, hear, and see everything that happens in this story. You have a way with words that's so totally insane.

If you don't keep it up, I may have to take extreme measures.

(: Just kidding, but you know.
Kizera chapter 17 . 5/8/2007
Loving this story so far, and I am greatly loving Yuan and Anei but that's not the point here, I've been reading your storys for a good minute, and i am just glued to them all, love them all, and inspired by them all...your storys are helping me with mine, and i can't wait for the next chapter
Kathleen Moon chapter 17 . 5/8/2007
-takes a deep breath- good they're safe...phew...okay now since you updated, I have to update my own stuff...wish me luck and update soon!
Esquirella chapter 16 . 5/7/2007
Rogue's probably not interested in her because he swings Kaji's way. LOL!

Now, can they save Aniol?
Vampgurl99 chapter 16 . 5/7/2007
Sorry I haven't been reviewing of late, it's been a very hectic week. Plus you must live in a different time zone because I get e-mails of your updates in the middle of school so, I can't really read and review then.

I liked both chapter 16 and 15. I wasn't expecting you to shift the plot like you did, but Karl had to be involved in the plot more somehow right? Interesting that you had him accuse Kaji of insanity. Devious Karl is. *that just sounded like Yoda from Star Wars...* It makes sense for him to try and claim power for himself, but he's jut plain mean. I don't know how he was appointed regent for Kaji when he's just evil. Must have wormed his way into things before people saw him for what he truly is.

Will you tell us more about Rogue and Kaji's beginnings? How they met, what he's talking about when he wants Kaji to let go of the past, not think of what he said before?

I like Aniol's part in the chapter 16, very...mysterious. A lot of description but I liked it, espcially the part where he's explaining why the guards beat him.

Usually I like stories that have longer chapters, even though the authors that write the long chapters take a while to update, but I think that the short chapters fit. Although, I would like to see some of the plots of the chapters to be expanded. Maybe add more to chapter 15, to make certain parts more significant. Like lengthen the part that they take Aniol so it includes some things that happen between Aniol and Kaji before he's taken away. Maybe re-affirm the bond between the two, so that when Aniol is taken away, Kaji is upset as he is in chapter 16.

I found the way that Kaji dealt with Aniol's absence as a little childish, although totally dignified, still a little child like in maturity. Perhaps weeping would work?

In the part that I asked to enlarge certain parts, they are merely suggestions, you need not feel like you have to do what I say. Rather, just think about it?

Again, fantastic chapters, I'm a little confused what you're going to achieve in the story seeing as there are multiply plots going on right now. You have to smooth out the trouble with Karl (which could take a long time/may be present throughout the entire story), explain/solve the two wars/battles going on, Aniol's destiny and subsequently, the prophecy and how it's tied to Kaji, Kaji maturing and assuming royal duties as king, all while strengthening the bond between Aniol and Kaji. Will you try to complete all of these ideas/plot threads in one story? Also, do you have some kind of rough estimate of chapters? I don't want to rush you into thinking of the end of the story, but just to let you know what you've gotten yourself into. Wouldn't want you getting to chapter 20 or whatever and remembering that you didn't resolve a certain issue or thinking that you've got too much going on and you should have split things up. Don't try to cram everything into one story unless you're willing to write lots of chapters (more than 30 I think) and willing to give each plot thread it's own amount of time to develop. Really think about this, because if you skim over something that could be potentially important, it makes the story seem less important, because you went too fast/made things seem trivial. If you want an example of a story that goest too fast check out, Sweet Obsession by Alexi-Bennington (

Sweet Obsession had the potential to be a really good story, but because the author rushed the ending, and completed the book in less than 20 chapters, the whole feeling while reading was rushed, rushed, and rushed. I couldn't stand it, but I liked the plot, but it would not be something that I'd recommend to anyone.

So since I've been blabbing about the future of your story rather than chapter 16 and 15 please forgive me. I'll try to review again next chapter, but no promises like I said before, definitely expect a review after 2 chapters, maybe 3 but I've got a lot of studying to do for an exam coming up. Hope you like my wicked long review!

vampgurl99

PS I like your long review responses! Keep them coming!
Queen of Subtle Darkness chapter 16 . 5/7/2007
I prefer Aniol to Kaji... But still... Kaji rawks!

Poor Aniol.. He's prisoner.. For doing nothing wrong except have coolness in eye form! -growls at Karl- Silly silly man... Not that he's in this chapter at all... Good use of discription on the Aniol bit.. And Rogue turning up has to be good right?
Kathleen Moon chapter 16 . 5/7/2007
and the chapter stops! oh spare me the pain! please update soon!
Esquirella chapter 15 . 5/7/2007
OH NO! Get Rogue in here ... ASAP!

As to the mean reviewer ... screw 'em! This story is riveting and you should be proud.

As for Rogue refusing one of my characters ... meh! It's his loss. I have a particularly tough female fighter, but she's not interested in him anymore than he is her, so it's a wash.
Kurohane Shizumi chapter 15 . 5/7/2007
*SQUEEL* You just made my day! _ I'm so happy! Thank you! _ *heart*

Keep on writing.
tiny lights chapter 15 . 5/7/2007
you've updated so fast! please continue asap, i need to know what happens!
Kathleen Moon chapter 15 . 5/6/2007
okay, you seriously can't leave a poor girl hanging like that...update soon, and oh, poor Aniol and Kaji...poor them...I hope nothing happens bad to them...I like happy endings...-sniff, sniff-...update soon please please please!
402 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 .. Last Next »