Reviews for Gatekeeper
lavcea chapter 9 . 11/3/2007
okay. so i've started gatekeepers as a hold over until silence is updated and i'm intrigued to no end. anoil and kaji are really drawing me into this story and i'm beginning to wonder if the prophecy kaji has been told and led to believe is actually a lie. the short intros to each story is leading me to believe that is so but it's still hidden. now i'm drawn to a third character - this purple eyed boy w/hair the same as anoil's. so, they both are gatekeepers...what gateway are they keepers of? it sounds like they are able to have visions of what is to come, but i'm not sure. and if they are gatekeepers, how have these two survived? are they brothers or are they from the same people? i've figured that anoil is royalty - that's just popping up too much for it not to be, but is this purple-eyed boy royalty as well - which leads me back to my first question of are they brothers/relations? back to reading to figure out what other fasinating tales you have weaved. -L
The Falconer chapter 52 . 10/7/2007
Sorry I didn't log in before submitting my review for the last chapter. I've been reading this for a while now, on and off, but I wanted to drop a line after I read chapter 51, praising your talent for writing smut!

A more constructive review shall be posted once I'm done with the whole thing. Anyway, great story!

Cheers!

Falconer.
The Falconer chapter 51 . 10/7/2007
Oh man! That was HOT! I like how Aniol looks so innocent, but when he's in bed, he's a horny little bastard!
avidmoonstar chapter 13 . 9/20/2007
That's what I was thinking, but thanks for clearing things up!
avidmoonstar chapter 8 . 9/19/2007
Ok, I just started reading this story and I was going to wait until I had read all the chapters to see if my questions were explained at all, and then I realized there are about a bajillion chapters, so I figured I'd ask my questions now.

I really like the story so far, but there a few things that, to me, don't jibe. First, Kaji continuously refers to Aniol as little/small or his 'little one.' I know Aniol is 17, and I assume Kaji is 18 (because you said he came of age), so why does Kaji refer to him as little? Is it purely because Aniol is much smaller in size, or is there a bigger difference in their ages?

Second, I am finding it hard to believe that Aniol and Kaji, as well as the rest of the society, have so easily accepted the bonding of these two males. Is it just that the society they live in does not distinguish the bonding to only being between a male and female? Plus, they don't question their feelings/desires towards one another. I guess I'm just questioning their belief system. Is their society accepting of what ours isn't today? (I hope that made sense. If not, let me know and I can try to explain it better).
Shiyuri chapter 61 . 9/13/2007
Hm, don't know why, but the ending gives me an abrupt feeling. Like, it ends too fast and easy, you know? (but then, there's 61 chapters already... P ) Nonetheless, it's a happy and content ending. Yay for that~ o I just wish you'd add a little more about the people's reaction to Kaji and his little mate. And how about the Careilians' (Careilians?) prejudice against white-eyed people? How about Yuan and his role as a Keeper? How did Lira, who loved Rogue dearly, end up with Anei? You know, those little details...

Sigh. When I compare myself to you, I feel horribly inadequate too. I just keep writing, then deleting after rereading them. I'm sorry if I made you remember something unpleasant. It's just, you know, kinda uncomfortable when you hear someone more talented than you saying that they lack talent. ' But I understand what you're trying to tell me.

Once again, "Gatekeeper" is just terrific. Thank you and good luck. )
Shiyuri chapter 40 . 9/10/2007
I'm a late comer... I finished 40 chapters in 2 and a half days. How cool is that? LOL. But you're much cooler. This story is amazingly creative and well-crafted. Well, some parts are confusing and somehow too detailed, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. ' My fav character so far is Rogue. I don't know why, but in my eyes, he shines more than the others do, even more than Kaji and Aniol. His interesting and distinguished character really stands out.

Ah, one more thing. I don't know if you continued this or not, but I think you probably should not, or at least should cease to, talk about your lack of talent. You've got great writing skills, why denying? No offense, just wanna say this, you know, that being humble wrongly is just being ignorant. Realizing your own talent is a talent itself. ) I hope I'm not offending you, because it's not my intention. I love your story, and I thank you for it.
koneikaa66 chapter 63 . 8/11/2007
I began this story at 2p.m, finished it six hours later : it's already one I know I'll take great pleasure to re-read. I really love it and I spent a great afternoon reading it so thank you. I read the first chapter of the sequel and feel a little frustrated but I know it will worth the wait, so it's okay.

Thanks again for this delightful story!
Ri chapter 61 . 8/3/2007
Superb! Great story, well written and great character development, awesome to see how Aniol and Kaji have both grown. Well done on completing an excelleny story.

Also, the little prologue (prelude?) things at the beginning of every chapter is very original.. sounds really authentic and wise. Look forward to reading the sequel.
KiyashiChan chapter 63 . 7/28/2007
YAY! SEQUEL! *does the happy dance* I love Arian!
C. Khafre chapter 63 . 7/26/2007
Go u and ur story! And I'm really excited by the future sequel too. Maybe more arian and rogue? hehehe.
Kathleen Moon chapter 63 . 7/26/2007
no problem and off I am to read Assassin's Silver, because I love your writing style! -sigh- I have to get back to focusing on my own stories...my own readers have threatened mutiny a number of times, although they keep coming back for more. I would never cry mutiny on you, though, because I understand how hard it is to write and keep up with the demands... I just don't want to scare off my muse!
C. Khafre chapter 62 . 7/18/2007
I'm definitely voting! I knew this story was really good! : )
Lily of the Plains chapter 62 . 7/18/2007
Good luck! *votes for you* By the way, according to their percentage-thingy, you're ahead right now.
tsukamaru chapter 62 . 7/18/2007
congrats for being nominated!

wish u good luck!