Reviews for Circumstance
Klebs chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
Have you used oliver's charector in any of the other stories?- He seems familiar.
deltaphi chapter 17 . 4/11/2009
aw

i feel so sorry for the characters

for one moment i though caroline's life was going to be screwed up big time...

i love this story, and you did a pretty good job of it, i cant wait for your next work!
kaw97 chapter 17 . 3/23/2009
Well, this one made me cry. So different from the other stories that were light-hearted. I'm glad they were able to be together in the end, but there was a lot of heartache involved.
decadebydecade chapter 16 . 3/1/2009
That seemed super rushed. Her forgiving him so soon, I mean.

That's pretty much my only complaint, but I do love your stories. I like how you have so many characters, yet they are all their own person(s?). The female leads aren't hollowed out shells that readers can project their own personalities onto. The male leads aren't all brooding bad boys, whose complete lack of manners makes ladies everywhere swoon. My favorite one is definitely Lorraine's story, although that ending was rushed as well.
wanara chapter 17 . 2/7/2009
I have read all of your completed stories. They are amazing. The characters are rich, the world is vibrant, and your writing improves with each story.

The only critique I can give is that I wish you would update sooner. However, I have no right to ask this. You put out wonderful work because you take the time to develop it well.

Thank you for writing.
KK chapter 17 . 2/5/2009
You are an amazing writer! I found one of your stories yesterday and since then have not stopped reading until i had finished all of your completed works! I rarely review, and yet i felt that since i had enjoyed so much of your work, you deserved one. All of your characters have unique voices and i fell in love with all of them.

I hope you keep writing and i can't wait until your next story is finished so that i can read it! ( i have long since given up on incomplete stories as many authors abandon them)
Astarael-11 chapter 17 . 1/17/2009
OK, as much as I loved all your stories, I think that this one was definitely my favourite. I think this story kept me the most hooked (I didn't stop reading until I had finished it).

The story was just so intriguing with Daniel and all of the things happening with his brother.

I also love how all your stories connect with the various characters and I like that now, the characters that played a minor role in some of your other stories, get their own turn.

This story in particular was amazing just because of all the amazing characters and the storyline kept me hooked the entire way through.

Now, I will stop pestering you with comments on your stories and leave this by saying that I absolutely adored this story and thought it was fabulous.

aa
SilentlyRead chapter 17 . 1/8/2009
Your vocabulary is spectacular, I felt you used diction choices that strongly represented the times and strengthened your story. There are a few suggestions that you may want to consider if you ever rework this draft. First of all I think you should flesh this story out some more, so we get a better feeling of the characters. I think my developing your characters more it'll help expand the story but explain their actions. You have some brief mentioning here and there, but maybe if you dedicate certain chapters that explain the history it will definitely make the plot more solid.

This story could pick up a style similar to Wuthering Heights where it's being narrated part of the time, so it allows you to give more insight and history of the characters. Some characters I think you might want to focus on is Andrew Seaton and about his college history and the debt he came to owe. I also think it might help to explain the failings of some of Caroline's past seasons.

Finally there are some historical inaccuracies. The first one appears in your opening paragraph. You mention how Caroline wishes she could be outside with her oils. Now I'm not sure if you meant oil painting or oil pastel, either way both would be improbable. Oil painting in tubes did not become available until the late 1800s, which spurred impressionists the idea to actually paint on site. Up until then the artists would just sketch and take detailed notes of the outside and then paint it later in their studio. However during this time it was considered unacceptable for women to be outside sketching (maybe the exception of a family garden), so unlike men she couldn't have free will of sketching. Which leads to where in another chapter she is out sketching figures outside alone, definitely would have not been considered proper. Now if you're talking about oil pastel I hate to break it to you but they weren't invented until the 1920, but chalk based pastel would have been around in the early 1800s. Actually chalk pastels were actually quite the rage among women in that time period. So just a minor tweaking here and there would suffice.

I believe if you keep these changes in mind that your story will be fantastic and full of excellence. So please do not be discouraged by my comments, for I truly think this story could benefit and in return will be a beautiful piece.
DLETE THIS OLD chapter 17 . 1/2/2009
great story :)
reader chapter 16 . 8/31/2008
I almost cried! I would have if I let myself.

a couple chapters ago: "would hardly consider him an unsuitable match" - "would hardly consider him a suitable match"

Sorry, I just copied that phrase when I saw it didn't make sense, and I forgot what chapter it was after I kept on clicking "next"
Kjersti chapter 17 . 8/30/2008
A bittersweet epilogue. I really liked it. I'm looking forward to your next story! :)
RomeLi chapter 17 . 8/29/2008
I'm so glad this is finished and I'm super excited about your next story! However, I wish there was a little more personal interaction in the epilogue. Thanks for being so faithful about completing your stories!
Aragorn is mine chapter 17 . 8/29/2008
OMG man I cant wait until your next story... it sounds so promising. I am absolutely in LOVE with all your stories- though Petals is a favourite and I hope you continue writing stories at this level or higher for a long time. Circumstance has finished and such a wonderful story it was. I sound like a weirdo anyways insanely good job on this story D
cordqueen chapter 17 . 8/29/2008
I really enjoyed Circumstance. You did a good job portraying the characters and their emotions. I'm looking forward to reading your next story.
mia5081 chapter 16 . 8/24/2008