Reviews for Rehabbing
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
In the poem I just read and reviewed about your friend Travis, I should've also praised you for your braveness, candidness and opennes. I used to call you Fearless Juliet since you're writing is always so bold. You never hold back; you're not afraid of stepping on anyone's toes or offending small-minded people. And I admire that greatly. But many of your poems are also highly personal, and I think it takes a lot of guts to share with strangers painful things from your personal life that most people don't even feel comfortable enough to share with themselves, instead repressing them deep inside. But every poem you write is like a window to your soul, and I thank you for allowing us to peer inside it on such a regular basis.

Although I guess anyone can TRY to write a poem dealing with near-death experiences and car crashes, regardless of whether or not they have ever actually lived through anything like that. But the truth has a way of shining through. No matter how good someone's imagination is or how great a writer they may be, a reader can always tell if the writer is just projecting or if he/she is actually writing from experience. And we can always tell that your stuff is real.

[(in those few seconds / from living in control, to spinning / out of it)] I really like this.

[hanging upside down like a bat / baying at a dead moon.] This is a very vivid image, but I'm a bit torn about the whole "baying at the moon" aspect. Bats don't bay, and I go from picturing an upside-down bat to picturing a werewolf.

Switching from first-person to third-person is certainly jarring and strange. You refer to yourself as "I," then in the next stanza use "her."

[was in a head on collision] *head-on collision*

[We've both filled the silence of it / with enough noise to filter our differences / and fuse ourselves into a complicated / oval.] I like the oval imagery since it kind of goes back to the whole birth thing. You know, vaginas and whatnot.

I like the last stanza and the question it raises. Instead of wondering asking why, you ask WHO.

I'm 23-years-old and I still don't have a license or a vehicle. It kinda sucks, since I don't live in a big city and can't just walk outside and hail a cab. I have to rely on family and friends (or my feet) to get me where I need to go. Driving makes me nervous, though, and I feel much safer in the passenger seat. Cars are like speeding bullets, and already several people from my graduating class have lost their lives in auto accidents.

Anyways, drive safe and write on!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Interesting... I like the idea of mother/daughter thing... great piece its sad and beautiful and wonderfully written
Wylloa chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
This is wonderful!

I like how you write like a journal entry. It creates a... bond, and lets the reader relate. The last paragraph really ties it together. This is going on my favs.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
This is exceptional work. I can't help saying the same thing as usual, but your talent shines through as it always does. Your observations and natural flow are like a stream flows with understanding to all the aspects of life you tackle in your writing. I can picture the scenes of these pieces as if I were sitting there watching the events unfold before me.

Very Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
Paige M. K chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Wow, this is just stunning. Both poems leave a real imprint and I love how you end both of them. That line is ...wow!

I love it, very beautiful.

Wrath
she smolders chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
The story you write about is amazing and both poems leave me speechless. I'd rather you stay here because I would miss reading your inspiring poetry. Take care.
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
wow...my friend has this theory that we chart out exit points in our lives and we can choose to take them or come back. and luck has a lot to do with it. the same friend's brother got hit by two cars while on a bike.

i guess you have to question what/who keeps bringing you back. maybe you were so determined to fight to live that you survived back time. but i guess strong will doesn't have everything to do with it. very thought provoking. nice work.
Abysmal Tr3pidation chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Nicely written. I'm don't know why I liked this so much, but I know that I could read it over and over and never get bored.

**Indiana**
Doxology chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
yet another to add to my favorites. this one is so beautiful. My favorite line would have to be, "Stepped into a totaled car on the side of the road;

into an ambulance giving my story away.

Except this time it’s my fault."

...but I honestly don't know why. beautiful job.

Peace and Love

Lifted
Ashelin chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
I don't know what truly captivated me with this piece. I think it was the unsettling yet still beautiful mother/daughter relationship you draw out. Kissing death twice does mean something though. I'm not quite sure why but I adore the last stanza. The last sentance. It was ironic and funny, but still frightening. I don't know, I loved it though. Great job.