Reviews for Old Tattoos
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
konban wa

This has to be quick since I'm supposedly doing homework. I told my mom I'd do work, and she even went out to buy me a book as compensation so to speak - I wouldn't be so evil as to let her see that I'm not really working ('cuz I know I'll end up getting it done eventually anyway *shrug*). I'm not so heartless.

Anyway. Favorite part: "Piano keys impossible / To play unless your / Fingers became paper / Butterflies and gently / Kissed the palm of / My clenched fists hiding / Melodies from this / Untalented musician" - I especially loved it because I play the piano, so this stanza held a special place in my heart. :P

The imagery in this piece was beautiful. I'd forgotten how much I love imagery. Hm, looks like I'll need to read more of your work to remind me. :P Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful (as usual, naturally - *grin*).

Gute nacht

-Shan-
The Candle Thief chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Touching, as I like to draw and know how she feels.

-Ramen
RavenclawMoose chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
That was beautifully written. It reminds me a lot of a story I am currently in the process of writing, except this captures the emotions so much better.
Definition chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Wow...this is so powerful. Amazing descriptions and word choice. Brilliant job.

And thanks for the review on "Don't Be Afraid to Murder Me" :)
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
I just keep reading the second stanza over and over again in my head. It is so delicious!
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Wow. This is so intense and so beautiful at the same time. The imagery is so lovely and sharp. Amazing job! This is going on my favorites!
daisy wings chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Oh yay! I really do this too.

I tatoo my friends hands (or legs) or shoes, or my jeans...

And I love this poem!

"My second grade art has turned into an obsession" is my favorite line...
someday-i-will chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
You have a nice writing style. Love the ending, though the whole thing is amazing.
Ryuuka chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Just wow. Really beautiful. Good work.

Ryuuka
Black and White Dreams chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
.god.

this whole poem is utterly amazing. I absolutely love it.

my favorite part has to be the third stanza.

this poem has just earned its place on my favorite stories list.

Black and White Dreams
she smolders chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
This is just amazing and filled with such beautiful imagery. I think its because you write about someone real, something meaningful to you. I can't even pick a line I like the most from this since every line was so touching. Take care.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 4/21/2007

Every brush of warmth

Fingers drifting into

Spaces between mine

Creating a bittersweet

Laugh to escape my mouth

Almost enjoying pain like you do"

That has to be my favourite part. Although really, the entire piece was so beautiful. Amazing.
soft-spoken chapter 1 . 4/21/2007

My clenched fists hiding

Melodies from this

Untalented musician"

Beautiful.

This whole thing was beautiful. I can see you have talent and a way with words. Only someone so emotionally connecting could have such intelligence and a way with words. It's really prominent to me. I could tell from your profile and poems.

So I am wondering, do you actually have any tattoos?

Also, I enjoyed how you ended it.

Keep it up

and take care,

-N
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
This is amazing. The twist at the end. The imagery. The language. All brilliant.
Morella Lee chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I've never read a poem quite like this, and I love the last stanza. You did an excellent job with description as well.