Reviews for Sandcastles
unheardmelodies chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
at first i thought, 'hey - cliche'. i mean there are so many stories out there centering around two best friends. but then i decided to read it after all, and man - i'm so glad i did! i mean, it contained just the right amount of drama, insight and situation/character development to draw me in. so sad, btw, and believable, that they'd be each telling himself there's no feeling there on the other end and to just hold back. i also liked the way you finished it - without some sappy romantic scene, but just enough to give us a taste of the turn the found themselves in. i'm faving!:)
hunangel chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
This was f*ing amazing!
persimmon chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
beautiful...just wow...
SiLlhe chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Omg, I loved it! xD I kind of wanted to cry at certain parts... but in a good way. I liked how you used "you," because it really made it seem more personal, and it was cool how you changed point of views! D I'd been wondering how Charlie really felt while I was reading Simon's POV.

I love the ending, too! I imagine it ended well, even though most of the story was angsty. xD Anywho, keep up the awesome work! D
YawnieBug chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Aw... I want to cry. This was so beautifully written. Seriously. Is there going to be a squeal? I would like one. Charlie and Simon really grew on me. Even Tina and Katie. You have an amazing way with words. They grab me and pull me in. :)
b chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
wow, i've never read in second person before, and it worked quite well! i really like how all the misunderstandings came out in charlie's pov, and i really like the ending because it's not incredibly descriptive, but it's still oh-so-heartwarming. :)
Prince Of Cats chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Oh, this is so good! The ending really got me, with the sand castle metaphor, and how Charlie could never quite build sand castles.

I like the POV switch as well, though it did feel a little repetitive with Charlie's, the ending really made up for it, and the gas station scene. I like how the story shows just how differently they're both seeing the same situation.
shinseichieien chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I love how you use second p.o.v. Its different than most stories, very creative.
Zam89 chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
It was perfect, I loved it! There was the perfect blend of angst that ended happily-or at least what I imagine as a happy ending. The point of view switch was brilliant, and it made you realize just how clueless they were to each other's feelings. Wonderful job with this...it was amazing...

Dawn
awed reader chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
wow. this is really good. simon's pov made my heart clench and charlie's pov had me shaking my head fondly at how oblivious they are to each other's feelings. i thought it was really interesting how you decided to write this in second person. i think it creates a nice effect using "you" instead of "i" because it seems to draw the reader into what's happening in a more personal way...or maybe i'm just pulling this out of my butt.

i liked how the story came full circle and the roles were switched in the end. i also liked how you stuck to charlie's pov in the end. as i read, i wondered how you would end the story but i feel it's better that you didn't switch back to simon for the ending since that would just detract from the simplicity of the story's format. and since simon told the beginning, charlie might as well tell the end. i like how it's open-ended but there are enough clues for us to figure out that something's finally going to happen. i just didn't understand how charlie could figure it out right then when he couldn't at all before. oh well.

anyways, there's probably some other stuff i'd wanted to say but i can't remember, so i'll just stop here. good work. _
ddz008 chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Great one-shot! I really love it... so sweet and dramatic. I'll just have to hope they'll have a happy ending.
Amopet4 chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Gorgeous. Stunning. No words left, but awe.
firestar267 chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Aw, just wow. I loved the point of view change especially, this was really great well done :)
katie chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
good grief.

this is a beautiful piece of writing too :o

definitely frustrating... but the simple ending makes up for it. it's kinda like...coming full-circle. they meet building sandcastles and years later here they are again, only with simon helping charlie this time.

oh, it's all nice. i like it!

(although i have to say...simon's pov made my eyes tear up in some places. not good)
igloothree chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
WOW. That's all I can say. This was fantastic, all the miscommunication, and the ending was BEAUTIFUL - I loved that you left it somewhat open-ended, but it's obvious that things are looking up from here. It was a great place to end the story, really. :D
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »