Reviews for Maid Marion
Shadows in the Fire chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Wow. That's...amazing.

-Amber
painting andromeda chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Wow. To be completely honest, of all the poetry I've ever read, I cannot say that I've liked any piece better than this. I actually enjoyed it. It made me think, and relate to my life (unfortunately some people in it). But wow, this poem is really something. Fascinating.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Wow, really fantastic piece. I so love the entire idea of this tattoo, and I think it's just my fascination with this woman, but I kept thinking about someone I work with while reading this. I love the line "tonguing another shadow made to shade her." That is so gorgeous. Really wonderful job. Keep writing! :)
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
This flows as a lush river, so perfectly observed from start to finish.

Exceptionally well done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
Doxology chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
jeez, this is mt favorite of yours so far. i just love it. and there's so much to relate to in this one character. great job. GREAT job.

Peace and Love

lifted
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
nice touch with the description of how children become like their parents. great imagery in here. keep on going!
re x invented chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
ohemgee. this is beautiful. decadent imagery laced with poetic erotica.

She learned it young -

the “Where-for-art-though's,” and the “I love thee’s” -

and she learned it well.

my favorite lines. i just want to read it over and over again.

don't ever stop writing
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
The opening stanza draws the reader in with the quickness of the sound, and the pace of the progression. I like how this focuses on sound, and how the lines bounce off of each other, making the short line lengthes like a pinball effect for the reader. I also like how you've stuck to the diction of the theme, and what that language means to the gender involved in different time periods. As always, the motion is marvelous, as it enhances the progression with such fluidity. In an interesting way this delves into social and historical relevances with such ease that the reader becomes focused on the age specifications of the work, and yet it could fit in nearly any era where the societal views lean toward these gender divisions. Well written. A joy to read. I marvel at your diversity of theme and thought. MD:77.