Reviews for aquarium love
electrical moon chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Gorgeous poem! I love the line 'your voice drifting like a vein along my wrist, violet blue.' That's just beautiful. I'm jealous.
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
in elementary school, i did a report on sea-horses for AIG. i just found it last week in a box of notecards i came across in my room. (i guess those two sentences could be a poem in themselves-pretty cool). but i just think they're the most fascinating things.

very much surreal.

i love how you captured their oddites and related them.

all of the symbolism and imagery fall on thrack here, and they result in a really good work.

oh! and the rhythm was the greatest part of it. reading it, i could hear it as beat poetry, rapped out loud by some broke-down-embracin-what-she-got black girl on the street. the flow of this was just perfect.

to be honest, i don't understand the fourth to last line, "light green heart attack," and i try to never comment on the actually message of a piece unless i (at least think i) sorta understand, or am able to at least draw a conclusion, from every line. so i won't comment any about the meaning of this, except what i was able to draw most definitely (because you never know, one line really could change the piece's entire meaning), which btw, again, was lovely.

so haha nice job.

-sara.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Sad ending. 'but in a wish, my heart can come true. can you?' It's like longing and wishing, but not changing. Mostly because it is. But, still ...

Seahorses always seem too fragile to actually be. Like they should only be in paintings and my imaginiation. They shouldn't actually exist because they'd break on a small wave ...

Felicia.
Kicking Poe chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
amazingly detailed and powerful, as usual. the use of colors is very effective, and the "must/bust" reference made me chuckle. cheers.