Reviews for The Road
Vaydric chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Please don't add extra chapters, this is perfect the way it is.

Really lovely writing- very enjoyable.
DawnSister chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I enjoyed reading this very much. Is it a short story or are you going to write more? It stands alone as a short but there is scope for more. It would be nice to see how everything pans out with David; and also to see how Ty and Darrin's life in Seattle goes.

I'm hoping you will write more but since it was published so long ago maybe you won't.

Thanks for sharing,

DS
AdriannaRomantica chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
As usual, you write a story that I can't help but love. I loved how you went back and forth between temporal periods. It was short and sweet; no dirty love scenes, yet the reader could tell they have a strong bond. Nicely done failte200 :)
Reeciez chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Wow. Well I'm so sorry for the lost friend but it was for the better I guess? One of the most endearing stories I've read so far. I'm not sure what eles to say really!

I love men in suits, too, Ty! ,
gyvareva chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I loved this story. Everything just felt right.

I especially liked how it begins, with nothing but incertainties but the fact that they are together. Even after what happened.

I think I would like to know if David is ever going to "forgive"/accept them, because if he does, it would be a good occasion for a one-shot to show us their day-to-day life together... (if they stay together, which I hope so) If you are up to it, that is

Good job!
Feeshes chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I feel bad for David. XD I would be pissed if this happened to me to...

Of course... My best friend has grown up in a Mormon home, and she's kissed two people in her life, one a gay man (or so he claims, I think he's just an attention whore) and the other a girl.

My bed is a foam thing for camping in a room that is literally the closet under the stairs. (By choice. I love it in there.)

Not to mention that, but my dad's is prison... My mom has a boyfriend, but I don't like 'im much so the only thing that would bother me about him running off is that I'd have to deal with my mother...

Such a loving child am I, no?
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I feel wonderful.

I wrote 3/5 of my essay, and this was the reward for getting that much done. Ha, I've been really procrastinating lately since NaNo has ended.

Have I said that I love your writing style? I liked the italics... I don't really know how to describe them. They're not really dream sequences, but they're not exactly flashbacks either. Um... I sort of agree with your older man/ younger boy thing. I think that's adorable.
Spenser chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I don't usually like Lady or the Tiger endings, but I think this one works. I like how you imply that it's not going to be all sunshine and roses and happily-ever-after but it's not going to be all trauma and hardship either.

It feels like a story one would find in an anthology or periodical or something of that sort. Once I started it, I didn't want to stop.
doublestandard chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
:) l like it. l like how you do the flashbakes. When Ty told Dave, l laughed. Ah that must have been hard for Dave, walking in like that.
Alex chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Ah! I would love it if this wasnt a one shot! I want to know what happens after this! But its a bit irrelevant and left to my own imagination.

I like it very much. Thank you for writing and posting it!

Alex
reeby10 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This was such a sweet story! I love the age gap and how well they still fit together. So sad that David took it badly...
ConnorCookie chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
GAH! I found that sort of...cute...for some reason D:

"You are gonna. You're SUCH a perv!" Ty laughed again – and then proceeded to tell David - as best he could, and with graphic detail, using his hands as visual aids - EXACTLY what it was 'like'.

AND THAT UP THERE

Made me laugh SO FRIGGIN HARD.

Fyi.
Chronically Creative chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
I really, really enjoyed this. At first I was worried David wouldn't react badly. I really wanted him to freak out, and in the end, you didn't disappoint. :)
CinderellaWithCombatBoots chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I really like it. Please, please update soon. I want more! *Does sad little puppy eyes*. Haha.
the Italian chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I thought this was very professionally written. It's the sort of thing I'd more expect to be reading in paperback form, really. The actual story was great too, and quite a bit different for me; most of the stories I think of are about lonely hearts. Great, overall.
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »