Reviews for set yourself on fire
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
I like this.. its powerful and the whole bridge and fire thing is great
Around.about chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
"i can only (set myself on fire)

because there’s nothing left that’s right"

Those lines made this poem for me.

I like the clean cut look; it matches the subject matte nicely. Something done and straight to the point. It almost seemed like a regretful good bye.
SayIt'sWrong chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Whoa...that was really brilliant, I really liked it. Great use of italics and brackets too.

Great piece!

{ V }
classic violet chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
love the title. "learn to smoke, lie and cheat like me

you know you’re not a child anymore" I love those lines especially.
ode to a firefly chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
"when there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire." I'm guessing that you listen to Stars? ) If you don't, you should.

"i want to burn the bridges because they are so toxic that they are flammable." I love these two lines - creative and unique. However, I'm not entirely sure why you put "set myself on fire" in parenthesis. In my writing, I only put phrases in parenthesis if the phrase can make sense without the words inside; that's a pretty good rule for any poet to keep.

Christine
she smolders chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
The topic of fire is a little close to me right now because I burned a few letters with a friend today. The anger in this is powerful, but so is the pain. Take care.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Very emotional and powerful. I like how the voice in this states things so specifically. The first two lines set the tone well. Very audible. Well written work.