Reviews for Afraid
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
All the questions really made the fear evident. It showed the uncertainty quite well. No answers, only worries. Very good.

Since your poem didn't give an answer, mine would be that whenever we form a relationship with someone (friend/family/lover/acquaintance), we invest a piece of ourselves in them. The stronger the relationship, the more of ourselves we put into them. When you lose them, you also lose that portion of yourself. This is what you fear.

However, this is not entirely true. Although a portion of one's self is lost, how that piece changed the larger whole remains. We carry that with us allways.

Anyways, nice poem.
lymli chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
sometimes I'm afraid of losing some friend too, the problem is while you're afraid you don't take time to enjoy what you have until you lose it really...

it's a nice poem :D
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Very nice... I liked how some things rhymed and others felt disjointed. It was very nice. Keep it up my friend!

Always,

Lady Alera Van Hexis

Queen Regent of Darkness and Lust
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
I like this piece, but I felt that the rhyming seemed a little bit forced. You've captured the feeling very well and you've once again put your whole heart into writing this piece. The emotion seems really genuine, too. Nicely done. Thanks for the review! :D
Cruxis Angel chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
As usual I love it! I was just coming up to FP to see how you were doing and I haven't reviewed this poem yet..and apparantly your doing well so keep at it!

Cruxis Angel AKA Symphoniakid
Suicidal Skies chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Beautiful. You catch emotions quite well.

-SKies
Lisa98 chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
hm makes me think.

i'm kind of going through a hard time with my best friend also so i kind of relate to this. its weird how you can know some one so well and have a true bodn but sometimes you just drift away for a while just because you do and sometimes its far away, but you always have that bond... and this is leading me to a poem!

love it.
Sarah Supernova chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
Oh wow. My empathy is kicking in. I could actually feel the fear and anxiety as I read it. Amazing job.
Won't-wear-a-Halo chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
it's beautiful!

I guess everybody can relate to this in a way, because we're all afraid sometimes. Maybe not for the same things but still it's a feeling every single person can relate to. 'He that knows no fear, knows nothing'. Don't remember who said that but I love the sentence.

And with friendship most people fear to be left behind, even when you know someone wont desert you. That has to do with the love you feel. You share a bond and simply never want to lose it. And if the friendship is really so strong you will never lose it.
InkyPink chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
"But why am I so afraid of losing him?" - Because with people you are close to it's just so hard to realise that they might not be there forever. It's a truth we all have to face, and I hate to face it. A sad poem, and a vey true one. When you realise how close you are to someone, often you just can't help thinking what it would be like without them...and then you become afraid that you really will lose them. Wonderful poem! It touches upon a very real fear that I think most of us try to ignore.
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
I think we're all afraid to lose someone from time to time. But when that someone is your best friend, it's ten times more difficult. I liked your poem, it's great to see how you express yourself! Good work!
Yellowierd0 chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
that's really sweet. i like it.

it's easy to be afraid of losing your best friend because sometimes it can happen so quickly you don't even realise.
My Deepest Regret chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
wow. powerful. know i know how my friends felt... wow.
sweets555 chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
sometimes people are just afraid. theres not always a reason.

great, i loved it!