Reviews for Starvation
The Words You Wish You Said chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Only thing to say is that I really like it.

Honestly.

It's just...

No words possible.

Even though it's short.
Definition chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
This poem displays the true, raw meaning of anorexia. I really admire the line, "My skin is layered on top of itself like tree rings"...stunning. Definite fav.
xfail chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Very beautiful poem. I love your imagery in this; it was very vivid and impactful.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
I like the tree metaphor... very powerful piece
Kissing Concrete chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
very eerie, but definitely in a good way. i like the tree rings simile...
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Holy...cow. I am really speechless at the sheer...sadness and feeling in this poem. The last two lines have such a wonderful flow and cross-rhyme. Just-wow. I'm sorry I can't say more. Just wow.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
The last stanza is phenomenal. I've been thinking about it for days...it just repeats constantly in my head.
just dani chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
i really like your writing style. this is so vivid, and i love the last part- "Emptiness/birthed in teh making of it"
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
The vividness of this is remarkable. This truly encapsulates a modern issue, and puts it into human form. I'd say the second stanza was marvelous, but the first one was as well, so the whole work is specifically captivating. Good write. MD:77.
Ajna chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I love the concept of skin-like-tree-rings. This is a lovely, fresh write on what I take is anorexia? Beautiful.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Wow, incredible piece. I love the comparison of a body to tree rings. Fantastic and original. Powerful piece. Keep writing! :)
Nine-Black-Roses chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
this is such good piece

its short and reallt powerfull

well done
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I am tentative to say what I think this is about, since anorexia never really seemed "political" to me but, whatever; it gives me that vibe.

I love the first stanza-particularly, "...like three rings (viens, muscle, bones,...)"-is just gorgeous and the second is reassuring and, well, kind-of sad.

Oh, and beautiful.

- Noelle
in theory chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Gross. Engrossed. Etc; so many poems about anorexia, but this is different (again). The tree imagery shows the reader something tangible, can't overlook it as a fashionable, forgettable metaphor. Pretty.

6 weeks to go! Then everything at college is settled and I'll readwritereview more. Probably. Hope everything/some things are settling down for you (settle seems to be a theme..?), erm yeah I'm guessing it's not exactly easy at the moment. Hang tough.

x
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
it's really great.

the last stanza is clever and very much well worded.

i love your writings.