Reviews for gather up your hearts and go
wildwolffree17 chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
... wow.
ItMustBeLove chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Poems like these never cease to make me realize I suck at reviewing...but wow. I truly love this. Favorite line:

when she kissed me I should have expected my heart to be broken

but I loved her
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
BWE!

the entire set-up of this is gorgeous. the first: that denial that you could be something more than just beautiful and then the explanation of this othergirl then the inescapable falling in love and finally the revenge, the IAMSTRONGERthanyouthinkiam. man.

"she loved fucking girls...raw and angry and hurt". i'm in love with angry sex, i think it's something very beautiful and shouldn't be taken lightly. of course, it's not making love, it's not even sex, it's FUCKING. it's pure and animalistic: exactly how you described it.

"she loved making them pretty / purple and blue and red bruises peppering their backs". the hard sex. again, animalstic and you've captured this to a T.

the entirety of the IV part is really what does this for me. you took an classic emotion (that thinking you're going to change somebody and be . to change another person, to make them change their ways and fall in LOVE with you...) and made it your own. "So, when she broke me / saying: I don't love you in that way". GWAH! *clutches chest* be still my heart. it makes my body swell up with an unnameable emotion and it makes me want to fly.

beautiful job. i've read it like 5 times now. and it .better.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
I really like how you ended it with a passing of the throne/torch feeling. Like one day you will overpower this obviously very powerful girl but also that you will embody the cruelty that you were so hurt by. Violent, yet hopeful at the same time. Fascinating read, as always, keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Oh, this was very beautiful. Maybe you're already queen :-P. Some passages were very raw and macabre, but all in all it's just touching. I think it's a very honest poem. Like the title too :). Hmm, btw, how do you make the black hearts appear? Good work! Love, Mia
just a ray of sunshine chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
M, angry. I love it. I love the way you use the words, espcially the part where she goes:

"she loved fucking girls against the backseat of cars

raw and angry and hurt

she told me:

she loved making them pretty

purple and blue and red bruises peppering their backs"

It's so raw and THERE that I can't help but be attracted to it. I'm sorry if this makes no sense, but I just can't express the feeling in words, you know? :)
someday-i-will chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Your poetry is always really unique and I thought this one was great.
smile persephone chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I'd like an answer to Aquafied's question as well. Where HAVE you been? (You never emailed me back, btw.)

God, the beauty of this. I really have missed you and your work. The images that I get from this poem are utterly sexy. Thank you for making my day! The Queen reminds me of a smoldering dominatrix. Yum.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
lesbians!

where have you been you bitch?

seriously

anyhow, it has a cruelty to it.
st. maverick chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
This is marvelous is a twisted, oh-so painful sort of way. It's almost a three-part story, written as a poem. Off-kilter, off-beat, but the rhythm flows perfectly and the subject is made original once again. Love it.
40 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3