Reviews for The Departed Analysis
Frank Frankmar chapter 1 . 10/21
Interesting analysis, but I take major exception to your comments about the character played by Alec Baldwin, who in the same breath you mention is a "rotten bastard" and a "straight stereotypical Republican". What evidence do you have as to Ellerby's political orientation, other than when he gets excited over the "Patriot Act", an act of congress, I might add, that had bipartisan support when it passed, and that the Republican's more recently wanted to banish? Using an excellent movie like the Departed to spew your liberalism is childish and irresponsible. I'm not a Republican but I do find it ridiculous when people veil their slanted political views as some sort of moral high ground in things as superfluous movie review. Get over yourself and keep you liberal nonsense to yourself...
Abe chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Good review man, thanks
Leyman chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Maybe this can answer your question; bad guys get praised when bad guys can play the good guy, and still be a bad guy. But good guys who play bad, and do bad may end up being too bad for the good they were suppose to represent. By this line of thought whoever upholds their order despite switching over is he that will be praised.