Reviews for Reason Aside
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I don't think I've ever wanted to beg more than I do now.

Ahem. So like, ummm, a... sequel? (as you can see I'm not very good at it)

(people really don't like lance, huh. But I totally feel for him)
Insanity chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I don't know if you intended it, but Lance seems like a huge jerk who is too flighty and doesn't deserve a second chance, and Jay has no self-confidence at all; he is just asking for his heart to be broken again, especially because he takes Lance back so easily without making him work for it or at least asking for an explanation. I hope this doesn't offend you, because I intend no harm or offence by writing this. Your english and grammar,however, are very good and I did enjoy reading this.
MoonBeauty chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
...He fell for his charm. :)Lance is some manipulator, huh?
midnight to dusk chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
it's a good story :) you had me from the beginning
Relala chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Ah, I thought this story was by the author "fragmented blue" and so I looked all over her profile for this! I thought she’d take in down or something. Boy, am I glad to re-find it though. It’s certainly one of the best stories I’ve ever read here on FP.

Your characters are realistic; I feel as if I could meet them on the street in the flesh and blood and not be surprised that they were real all along. Their emotions are believable, their dialogue natural and their situations something taken out of real life instead of a romance novel.

I adore this, and even if it took me a whole year to see it once more, it still reads just as good the second time around.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
An interesting love affair. The words in brackets were a nice touch.
Getuie chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
The words in brackets were a wonderful addition to a piece that wouldn't have been the same without them. Lots of depth in Jay's story immediately brought connection... though not quite as much with Lance. Being as cynical as I am, the ending didn't quite gel with me... and the lyrics were a bit off... they said quite a lot and you could image, for a moment, that neither character could convey the essence of what they were feeling except through using lyrics but... I dunno. Just felt like it would've been better had they found something themselves. In all, very good. Reason Aside definitely fits the piece more than Angst Galore ;)
KnittingKneedle chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Well I thought that this was just great, angst or no angst...my favourite part was, by far, the little words that you added in brackets...this actions spoke volumes about the character of Jay and why he and Lance didn't work out the first time.

I thought it got a little cheesy towards the end, with the song lyrics and all- which sort of messed with the realism that you had to begin with, with the all too real break-down of a relationship.

Nevertheless, the characterization in such a small piece of work is really commendable and I thought that you did a great job!
M. Massacre chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
This is wonderful!

...I can't think of anything else.

But really, amazing stuff.
The Sun and Shadow chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
I guess you warned me fairly about the angst factor in advance, but this was incredibly sad, even by my standards. I loved your usage of skillfully placed words in parenthesis through-out the piece. The added after thoughts really helped to convey the overall tone and emotion of the story, I believe. Nicely done. I will certainly be reading more of your work.
Curb Crasher chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Well, I'm not a romantic, but this story makes me wish I were! And . . . I don't know if that's praise or not, but I'm pretty sure it is.
Cealex chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
WOW. I got tears in my eyes because of your story. That was REALLY good. And heart-wrenching. o_o

And Jay should've known that Lance couldn't have meant it from the 'disbelieving anger' he had on his face when he just smiled and accepted it. That was also really sad... obvious denial of the truth :(

Very good story, loved it.
Rock on an Ocean Shore chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
What a cute ending.

Your characters have flaws and realistic characteristics, and I congratulate you on skillfully connecting the reader with them. :D My only suggestion regarding the characterization is to make Lance a bit more emotionless/detached when he meets Jay at the bar. Before they met, I was under the impression that Lance was much colder than how he presented himself at the bar.

I liked that this story occurred over a period of time. It gave it a novel-ish feel and it could even be expanded to be more than a one-shot.

Great job. I really liked this piece.