Reviews for Mine Robot
Alazar-Ramir chapter 4 . 6/1/2011
Didn't realize how short it was so I managed to read it all before I had to leave.

Up until the final chapter I was trying to work out how the robot was manipulated - I mean it was obvious enough that it hadn't killed him.

The fact that he was used like a rooster in a cock fight had completely eluded me. Looking back on the story the clues were there - maybe not starkingly obvious, but there were clues that pointed it out.

Good work on it!
Alazar-Ramir chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Interesting ethical quandary that you display in this story. And this is only just gathered from the opening chapter. Reminds me a lot of I Robot.

Considering its a short story, you get it marvelously right by going straight for the kill, and not by describing the murder but the consequences afterwards. Had it been intended as a larger story some background would have been required, but in this case its acceptable.

I noticed a part that I believe required a page break. Most likely this is a fault of fictionpress as I have encountered similar problems.

I look forward to reading more as soon as time permits it.

Hope you submit some more stuff.
Hunterclass16 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
this is a great story it has depth which entertains at the same time makes the reader feel like part of the story i wish to read more of your stories soon
Kem'Ajiana chapter 4 . 6/14/2009
great story! I loved it! :)
Nolan Robertson chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I thought this story was very well written and provocative. You obviously have a strong interest in this kind of genre/plot. I think you should keep up with this sort of theme. I like to read creative interpretations of the future like this: man-machine interaction, technology, etc. Very cool. Keep it up!
GilanSalehi chapter 4 . 8/22/2007
Very good. I quick read, but very enjoyable. You write well, and the characters were developed pretty well for such a short story. Do you have anything else in the works that you are thinking of posting? I'd be interesting in reading that, too. Keep writing!
GilanSalehi chapter 3 . 8/22/2007
Asimov is getting some real play here. I think you should list the three Laws at the beginning of the first chapter so that readers who aren't familiar with Asimov can follow the plot a little better. I know them, but not everyone does.

This was a good chapter, and the puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place. I don't understand what Samantha realizes at the end, but I guess that'll be answered in the next chapter. The odd reactions of the robots are throwing me off a little, but hopefully there'll be a good reason why they're acting so strangely.
GilanSalehi chapter 2 . 8/22/2007
Dun dun dun! It sounds like LN8 has been tampered with... But by whom? The plot thickens...

No grammar or spelling mistakes to note, you have done a good job in that department. You do a good job with the dialogue as well, I think it's one of your strong suits. You make the robot sound a lot more human than a hunk of metal through the way it speaks, sometimes. Or perhaps it is just a human flaw that we all find the familiar in the alien (or robotic).

Good job on this one, I'm on to the next chapter.
GilanSalehi chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Interesting premise. You do a good job characterizing how humans feel around robots: technically safe, but unsettled at a deep level. It's almost the way kids are scared of the dark: they know there's really nothing there, but can't shake the nagging feeling that something bad is. I like it so far. I'm on to the next chapter...
K. R. Ukido chapter 4 . 7/31/2007
It's over?

Not fair!

Well, it was definitely good. I liked it a lot, and I'll probably read it again. You sent a good message and really depicted robots as being... beings too.

Your explaination was flawless and left for no plot holes, a feat in itself; you ALSO kept it interesting, something my explainations never are. Altogether a good read.

Keep Writing!

K. R. Ukido chapter 3 . 7/31/2007
What? What makes sense? I'm clueless :).

I actually haven't found anything to complain about since Chapter One... which is incredible for me since I LOVE to complain. Good chapter!

K. R. Ukido chapter 2 . 7/31/2007
LN-8 is screwed up! I wonder who's doing that to him...?

Once again you've made me want to read more. I love the mystery so far, and the fact that you made the future believeable astounds me. That's hard to do. Great job!

K. R. Ukido chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
...I'm impressed.

You've really caught my attention here-this was the perfect first chapter of what I'm sure will be a good story.

I noticed a few little nitpicky mistakes, but all in all the chapter was well-detialed, thought-oiut, consise, and a good read.

K. R Ukido
BlackCat939 chapter 4 . 5/24/2007
Wonderful! I don't really like Sci-fi, but you have changed my mind completely! Keep writing; you're very good at it.