Reviews for United We Stand?
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Oh, wow, this was amazing. I must tell you that I completely agree with you. (I'm going to start a long speech about my opinion now, so get ready)

I've always considered myself a Democrat, although I pride myself in being able to see both sides of a situation. I have to admit that I have a hard time agreeing with hardcore Republican values, but I don't wave a flag around saying I hate them. How could I? How would I know that? It's not like I've met every single Republican in the country! Sure, I'll definitely have a dislike of some people, but that's how I look at it: I dislike some people and I like some others. I judge them for who they are. That's kind of why I don't get people who go around saying they hate things. It just seems to so... pointless.

By writing this, you're obviously an intelligent, understanding person. However, I have to say (since I'm a total skeptic) that some people in this country (and even the entire world) don't agree. I really, really, wish they did.

Man, what should I say next? I can't describe how much I felt every single word in here. It's all so true. "United we stand? Give me a break." Such a good point there. It's all about respect! Something that is slowly depleting in this country, I've noticed. You're right. We need to do something about it.

Being a history nut, I'm also impressed on your knowledge of historical facts. Patrick Henry and George Washington. Two men that could respect even their enemies. It's funny, George Washington was the only president who wasn't in a political party, and he's considered the greatest one who ever lived. The father of our country, even. Now what does that tell you?

Thank you for posting this lovely essay-type thing on FictionPress, as I greatly enjoyed reading it.
No Trust chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
The desire for unity is the root of all evil.
Hickoryflower and Dawnstar chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
This is amazing! You have very good quotes and I love the statement/opinion you are making.

I also love how you use facts/quotes to get your point across.

I have been thinking about this topic for a long time ever since I read a story in a magazine that I read and this essay you wrote put it perfectly into words.

You have a tremendous writing ability!

Thank you for writing this!

Dawnstar

PS... This is my first review so hopefully I did it right.