Reviews for Tiles
December Night chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Oh, I like this! I am a true glutton for punishment. Meaning: I love to have the shit scared out of me! I grew up on Stephen King, after all. Keep it up!
Shadowcub chapter 4 . 3/4/2011
DAYUM!
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
hi !

TemptressofDARKjazz chapter 4 . 6/4/2008
Not bad not bad at all. I could defiently see it being elongated though and putting more in the middle and making it a novel instead of a short story, other then that I enjoyed it :)
KaizenYokoshima chapter 4 . 7/4/2007
Short lived, yet it leaves much to the reader's imagination.

I guess I'd better follow suit and actually FINISH something that I write. It would be great: I usually write the first two or three chapters, and then write the ending: it's what's in the middle that I find the most difficult. Keeping it short might be the right way to go for a lot of things.

Nice.

-Kaizen
RedWheeler chapter 4 . 5/22/2007
I'm very happy to see this is finished off, but poor Robert... he was better off in the ditch sleeping. He was rather happy for a bum though, but I suppose not all of them are down in the dumps, some people are just that way.

I wasn't really expecting something like this for the epilogue though, I was thinking it was going to be a continuation of Daniel or something. But, straying away from what is expected is always good, and I liked it.

Again, I loved this! Very well-written!

Oh, and may I say something about your last reviewer... Wow, for someone who criticizes literary works, they sure don't know how to write 3 simple sentences. My God, I'm sorry you have to deal with morons like that. How in the world was the dialogue terrible! At least you can freaking spell and type (and think) all at the same time. Grr...

Sorry about that, I was pissed when I saw that. People, eh?

Honestly, it was great! I loved it, and Daniel - a popular name that isn't overused galore within written pieces - was again, a character I instantly liked and will remember. Another great job.
don juan banana chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
daniel is not a realistec name 2 hav in a stori

nd the dialogue is bad

sorry but i cant eve speak about dis 1..
RedWheeler chapter 3 . 5/18/2007
I like when the hero wins personally, except for within horror... seeing how for the most part, it makes no sense when they win. Especially since Daniel was mortal and all, it would be a little odd if he won. So, I'm sort of glad that he lost, in the sense that for horror it's always creepier knowing that something is still out there.

Anywho, I enjoyed this in the aspect that it was, again, very well-written, not so much for the fact that it was gruesome (like I'm not celebrating that people were killed... that would be strange). And I'm happy to see that this is getting more reviews, I'm going to put a link to this story on my blog though, see if it accumulates more attention as it deserves.

I'm quite sad to see Daniel go, I really liked his character. And the comment that Taylor's mom made about surviving Summer was brilliant. I love dialogue like that.

And I only saw two minor mistakes. And I again can't find one of them again, so it must be really minor... I'm pretty sure it was two words stuck together though, and the other was: "He knew it, know" near the end, I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a now. But yeah.

Can't wait to see the epilogue, another great addition!
XxBlackChaosxX chapter 3 . 5/18/2007
Wow, everytime I blink I see them...This is truely wonderful. You should've made this into a novel, though. That would've been awesome. But it's good the way it is, so congrats.
XxBlackChaosxX chapter 2 . 5/18/2007
DAMN! You're good. You should try to get this published when you finish it. You could be the next Stephen King.

BTW, would you mind reading some of my stories? I'd be honored if you could give me your thoughts on them.
XxBlackChaosxX chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
That was awesome. How do you come up with this? I thought I was good...Anyway, are the creatures he's sseing and experiancing Satan? Or are they left-behind ghosts of the burned down village? Ah, I gotta read more *leaves and continues reading*
KaizenYokoshima chapter 2 . 5/17/2007
"And that makes tiles fall in my bathroom."

Freaking classic, man. I've been reading this so blazingly fast because it's so interesting, and now I'm PO'd because there's no more to read. I know I'm being a hypocrite, but you've gotta update more!

And now for the facts, things work well here in a sense that I need to point out. In most of your other stories, I often find it difficult to determine who's speaking and when, and even when I realize who's mouth is moving, I don't even remember who they are. Here's my point, I find it much more comprenhensible in tiles, a sense that I can feel who's saying what, where in Tainted, I often have trouble even remembering who the main character is (Although that's probably just me). I'm not saying you should make any major changes, but as a suggestion, try adding more bits of detail that would help describe the characters along the way. I don't know if it's just me and you already do that, but maybe just do it a little more.

Other than that, I'm proud to say that you're writing is seriously improving. I'm seeing more emphasized and lively description as, well as fewer grammatical errors, especially concering tense, I don't even see that anymore. I guess practice really does make perfect.

Till next chapter- Kaizen
RedWheeler chapter 2 . 5/9/2007
I'm surprised you fired this off so quick, nonetheless another great installement. I can't believe the last one is going to be the next one, that's crazy. Right, anywho...

I saw a couple mistakes, especially the "your" confusions when concerning Daniel speaking with his mother. And other than that you forgot a 'a' in was and you put a space in the middle of so. All pretty much minor mistakes... I would tell you where they are, but I lost them somehow.

Anyways, what sort of kids hang out in cemetaries? Oh wait... nevermind. I don't think I would want to even be near that sort of place though. The fact that you made this up is a little disturbing, but you know... wow.

Again, great job!
RedWheeler chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Wow, I wasn't really expecting it to be tied with your other works - but that's awesome! And like I briefly mentioned to you I had an instant liking of Daniel, I think he's a very interesting character.

And now that I've read an installement, I can safely say I'm glad you're making this multichaptered. I think the idea is inticing (if that's how it is spelt...), and that was the perfect place to end it off as a cliffhanger. I also liked that you included horror within the first chapter... sometimes it can be just like an information dump or a bore fest, but I really loved this.

I don't think I saw any mistakes either, maybe just capitals after semi-colons... but that's not a big deal.

Another great job, an instant fave!