Reviews for Dear God
anette95 chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
At first when I read this, I was angry. But then I thought again, and I pity you.

Yes, I feel sorry for you. You don't know what you're really doing. God is real, God excists, and God loves you.

Yes, you've probably heard all that before. But that doesn't mean it's not true. Every word you said, every bad feeling you've every had towards God and every false word you've ever said against Him is like driving nails into His hands and feet all over again.

I do not agree with what you said. I can't accept it. I just thought I should tell you that.

I'd be happy to answer any "questions" you might have to the best of my ability.
Ashelin chapter 2 . 5/28/2007
Though I disagree with you completely (but you already know that :P) I admire your honesty and bluntness. And also your strong will that you won't believe something JUST because someone else does. Just wanted to let you know that. I respect you.

I think you meant "change" not "chance" in the fourth paragraph. I'm not a huge spelling/grammar freak though. Everyone knows that I think...haha.

Great job, keep it up.
a silenced revolution chapter 2 . 5/28/2007
One of thing that annoys me about the theists (real word?) is that they're all ready to accept a sign that God exists, but they could never accept one to show that he doesn't... I'm rambling.

Well written as always. I know a lot of those feelings.

PQ
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I've felt this way before. But I know God's there. Faith is believing without seeing or feeling, but knowing, even when you don't feel anything. God can fix the world. But he won't. He won't because if no one was weak and suffering, he wouldn't get to show them that he's there. He wouldn't get to show you how strong he really is or how much he really loves you. There would be no compassion. He isn't going to show you He's really there if you don't believe that He is. Its like if you think its raining outside, but you refuse to look out the window and see if the sun has come out yet, you'll never know that it has. Its like that e-mail that was passed around a while back. You can't see your brain, but you know its there. You can't see God either, but He's there too.

You did a good job portraying your emotions in this piece, and I hope you find who you're looking for.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
You already know how I feel about God - Because I don't think He exists, I don't think He's blaming you.

Great job on the letter.
Chidori Nadare chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Beautiful letter. I know what you mean. So many emotions and thoughts are in this letter. It's interesting to write a letter to someone you don't believe in.

nice job!

-Chidori
Simultaneous Tick-Tocks chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Hm... Sometimes I doubt it, then I start thinking "What if He is real and frowning upon me right now?" So I just don't think about it all... Nice letter.

tick-tock
Zutara Livs On chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
My thoughts exactly. Until the day he shows up and ends all the hurt in the world, I'll keep on not believing.

Beautiful letter. So many emotions and thoughts that needed to be let out are in this. The occasional repetition really adds to the strong voice this letter speaks in.

Follow your heart, cheesy as it sounds. Hopefully life will become easier.

Jelly Bean
Ashelin chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
That was really interesting. Addressing someone you don't believe in. It was probably something you needed to do. I understand though, and I think He does too. Great job.