Reviews for With Intent
Erika Jean chapter 21 . 9/19/2008
wicked story! :D
Rowan chapter 21 . 9/15/2008
I loved this story! The voice of the character really comes out and I found him to be completely lovable. He's got this perfect blend of sarcasm and vulnerability that makes him someone I can relate to and want to get to know better. His mother and his aunt are a hoot. The family dinner scene had me rolling on the floor:) On the other hand the shower scene with Dean left me feeling so bad for him. Throughout, there is a really good mix of humor and sorrow that keeps the story grounded. All in all I thought this was a well written, imaginative, and just generally very cool story. The only problem I had was that the ending seemed abrupt.I don't mean because there were loose ends. I mean because very little time was spent developing what happened between the breakdown and Joe's reappearance. There are snippets but I don't think that I had anytime to get the full effect of what Adam went through after he lost was wrapped up in one chapter. I know there was mention of a sequel and maybe you could address some of that there. Either way I think these characters are definately worth a second go around and I'd really love to read more about even though it's been months since you finished writing this and you may not have been planning on doing it anymore, a sequel would be most welcome;)
unheardmelodies chapter 21 . 9/13/2008
a friend recommended this story to me a couple of days ago. the only thing i can say is, BRAVO. it's become one of my absolute favs here on FP, and i think you've got a true gift. you'd had a brilliant, fresh idea, managed to develop the characters, and give it just the right amount of romance and tension to make it worth every single second i devoted to reading it. i'm definitely going to check out your other stories in very near future (like in five minutes now, perhaps:)
The Elephant Man chapter 21 . 9/10/2008
Yeah, this is definitely one of the best stories I've read here. I'm happy to have found this! It's just great. All the bumps, the seeing stuff, Adam's compulsive behaviour - you just write it really well. The characters and plot are great and you always, somehow, manage to surprise me. There's really nothing predictable in this story and I like it that way. First I really thought that Joe was straight or just wasn't interested in Adam.

I can't really say anything else than praise this story, sorry. I just love it. The ending is a bit out of the blue, sure, mut like I already said - I like surprises. And I really like the thing with God and the peanuts - it brings nice variety and humor into the story.

Keep writing stuff like this!
Duuude chapter 21 . 9/8/2008
The ending was NOT disgusting! I loved it. It was amazing. The whole story was fantastic. I love the idea. I can see Adam's burden and Joe's flaws but that's what makes the whole thing better!

It's so good. Thank you for writing this. I definitely enjoyed it.

Nothing really annoyed me but I would say it was rushed. I need more!

But that's what you were talking about in the AN, eh? If there ever is a sequel, I'll read it! I want to learn more about Adam's powers and what happens between them. )
b chapter 21 . 9/6/2008
okay, i know that being the 400th review is cheating because this is actually my second review, but... i just re-read a lot of this story and jesus h. christ it's still fucking fantastic! the first time i read it i didn't realize how hilarious adam was with his snippy tone since it's written in his p.o.v., and MAN the details of his ocd are great. given the author's note at the end i'm sure someday you're gonna run over this story again with a fine-toothed comb, but i couldn't really find anything that needs improvement.

by the way, my two favorite scenes: the click-pen scene (adam's dialogue win), and the scene where adam finds joe in the middle of the street, stark raving mad, in a chicken suit. the latter makes absolutely no sense out of context, and i love, love, LOVE it. XD
b chapter 21 . 9/2/2008
wow, i started this story just to distract myself from the fact that i may have completely fried my brain from all the drugs i'd done at burning man, but it turned out to be fucking AWESOME. are you aware that adam's visions and descriptions of being overwhelmed by stuff sound exactly like a bad acid trip? the stream-of-consciousness descriptions were incredible. and of course the tension between joe and adam was really cool. damn, i wish *i* could pull this off.
vapidbreath chapter 21 . 8/21/2008
Refreshing from beginning to end. I'm surprised I've just discovered this fic. Thanks for writing it.
Lilias chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Hello! Thank you for posting this fantastic story. I'm usually somewhat intimidated by leaving reviews for stories I enjoy, but I loved your story so much I couldn't stay quiet. I loved everything from the premise to the writing style, but I especially loved the characters. Adam is absolutely unforgettable! He and Joe fit so well. The ending was just the right level of open for me, though I truly hope you'll decide to write that sequel!

In short, I second everything said in the previous review. (Incidentally, I am the aforementioned roommate.) Thank you again for sharing! You did a wonderful job.
Sarashina chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know how much I enjoyed this story. My roommate recommended it to me (so nice to have someone who understands my weird love for psychic protagonists) and I just blew through it in one night. The plot was compelling, and I really loved the characters. Adam was a perfect narrator, and Joe was just as fun - I wanted to smack their heads together, but in a good way, of course.

It was also very impressive on a technical level. There were some places here and there that needed commas, and one mix-up of "breath" and "breathe," but nothing a quick edit wouldn't fix. But other than that, everything was very clear and readable, which is no small feat.

I really hope that you get the inspiration to continue with Adam and Joe's story. Maybe a series detailing their crime-fighting adventures? I can only hope. Great work!
Evo chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Omg, I can't believe I never left a review till now.. haha. This story was awesome! Definitely one of my favourites. I love Adam and I really, really hope you weren't kidding about making it into a series.. otherwise, I will cry T_T
Namaarie chapter 21 . 8/7/2008
GOD YES! Series please?

This is fantastic. Easily one of the best, original ideas I have read. Please continue? You have so much talent!

-Emily
aripie chapter 21 . 8/7/2008
Tig chapter 21 . 8/7/2008
please say there is more
AmorphousHeart chapter 12 . 8/6/2008
"Do you get a lot of murders? Rapes? Unprovoked knife attacks?”

His arms fold across his chest and he sighs wearily. “I’m a policeman Adam. I’m not going to let you get knifed.”

Just raped and murdered then. Ok. I can deal with that."

XD

Oh, and this fic reminds me a lot of Dean Koontz "Odd Thomas." Was that an inspiration?
630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »