Reviews for The King and the Meal without Salt
lijuan chapter 1 . 6/2/2010

welcome to our website is :
Selarose chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Hey, this is cute. Although, I wish she would've bid him adiós-that king is just way too full of himself. Haha. XD

But, eh. At least he recognized just how much she was really saying.

The line that goes "each one wished him great things..." kind of bugs me, because they all didn't, no?

And then the line where the king is mad and says something like "you dare compare me your father and the king", the 'the' makes it lose some of its flow; I think if you took it off it'd sound better.

Anyway, I haven't read or heard of this fairy tale before, but I'll now have to go look it up. ]

I thought you did a good job in trying to make this sound like a fairy tale, and aside from that, I thought it was well-written (minus one or two misspelled words). -

It could have been longer, with more details about the princess' life outside the palace or something, but it's nice the way it is.

Well, take care! ]
Phantasie-Engel chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
I heard a story like this from my mom. it was almost the same...r u bengali or indian?
RangeRider chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
This was very well written and enjoyable. Just in case you want to know, (though I'm not contradicting the way you did it) the way I've heard the story before there was a slight difference. She told him "I love you, father, and I need you as much as meat needs salt" instead of "I love you, father, and I need you as much as I need salt". The difference is only the 'meat' and the 'I'. Either way works, I just thought I'd point that out to you.
Yamamoto Kou chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
It is a fitting tale that is very much like the old stories. Well done! There was only one typo: "and so left out and ingredient.” 'And' should be 'an'. Thank you.
poe-baby chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
The story your mother originally told you was "Princess Mouseskin", it is a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. Your memory of the tale is pretty accurate.
printed-peppermint chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
This is such a cool story! It didn't seem completely fairy-tale like, since it was shorter than usual fairy-tales, but it was well written. (And jeez, that king has a HUGE ego. Almost as huge as he probably is from eating all of those big salty meals.)
ham3 chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
That was great! Yay for stories in which the child is wiser than the parent.
Chocolate Trifle chapter 1 . 5/10/2007