Reviews for War's Heart: Hell Born Soldiers
Bob Evans chapter 33 . 3/6/2012
I remember reading this when you posted this last chapter and thinking "wtf?" It actually seemed like a melodramatic end, and I felt cheated.

Then, the most curious thing, I just re-read it, and for whatever reason, everything seemed to make sense, it was a very fitting end for this novel. So, though this is almost three and a half years late...

FRICKIN' AWESOME!

Van Quatra chapter 33 . 5/12/2011
this was one heck of a ride, what a great story, very enjoyable, great job.
Pyro Ghost chapter 33 . 1/2/2009
A good chapter. And a great book. The ending was sad. But what can you do?
Hawk Raskenark chapter 32 . 10/6/2008
Epic chapter is epic! Great to see that you're back, and better than ever. This is probably my favorite chapter yet, keep up the great work.
Bob Evans chapter 32 . 9/30/2008
FINALLY!

I thought New Zealand had been invaded in the real world or something with the lack of Internet activity you've shown. You were right, though; this chapter was epic. Gun fights, Ninjas, bloody death, rescue, more character-death, and lo and behold, a cliff-hanger to end all cliff-hangers. Still, so many unanswered questions. What's with the ghosts? Who does Mathers' bullets hit? Who is coming that Tracey kept warning about? And...what's with the Office Max boxes?

I'm sure hoping that there isn't a repeat of the last few weeks so that we can get more chapters! Hurry!

~Bob Evans

P.S. Lousy RvB...stealing one or two of our TSG ideas...
Hawk Raskenark chapter 31 . 8/4/2008
"We’re breaking the fourth wall.”

I couldn't help but laugh at that. In a way, I like not reading the story for a while, because then I could enjoy all of the chapters I missed one after the other. But now, I have to wait, damn it! Well, take your time, because I'm expecting an amazing conclusion to this.
Pyro Ghost chapter 31 . 7/29/2008
Hm, almost over. I don't think their going to make it to Australia, but I don't think their all going to be killed off either. Mathers is going to come out from somewhere, and the OfficeMax boxes seem like trouble. The ghosts seem like they'll play a bigger role when things get crazy.
Bob Evans chapter 31 . 7/26/2008
Oh, and we had some lovely breaking of the fourth wall by Oliver and Sam.

Shame on them. They should know better.

But then again, Halo 3 does rock, so it's kinda excusable.
Bob Evans chapter 31 . 7/26/2008
Okay, I think I already know what's in those boxes they've seen, but we'll see if I'm right come next chapter.

This is how I think it's gonna play out. Mathers is hiding onboard, and set it all up because he knew they would try to get aboard. There's gonna be some kind of epic battle, one side will dominate, answers will come to light, and the packages will be revealed to be bombs that detonate and effectively kill everyone off for good. Although, you mentioned that there are still two more chapters to go, which means you'll either take your time killing them off, or there is the possibility of at least some of them surviving.

But on top of all of that, you've still gotta tie the ghost thing back into it somehow (don't tell me you've completely forgotten that), and we've gotta have all (or at least most) of the answers come to light. There's been too many secrets and shadows to just have them all go down dying in one epic gunfight on the airplane.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is...MAKE SURE YOU GET IT RIGHT!

Bob Evans chapter 30 . 7/15/2008
Why "Untitled"?

Mathers didn't want Oliver dead...he just wanted Sam...which is why he made the deal that if Sam went with him, they'd leave the others alive. Why, though? Did he like Sam? Did he have some value as their number one executioner? Or did I seriously miss something obvious?

They made some pretty good points. Even if they do kill Mathers, then what? They still have two islands worth of soldiers that'll be running all over the place. On the bright side, at least they don't have those respective nations of said soldiers on their backs.

Pyro Ghost chapter 29 . 7/5/2008
Sam said "The second you finish what you’ve started, I am taking my land and you will stay away." Wasn't what Mathers wanted to do was rule the country? Why let him get finished first before you try to take it back?

Hehehe. Farmers with pitchforks can be very dangerous, especially if they know how to use the pitchfork as a weapon.
Bob Evans chapter 29 . 7/3/2008
How very curious.

I was always under the assumption that Sam had been drugged or brainwashed or had some other kind of mind control put in place. Now it would almost seem as though his actions were his own, BUT with the intent of protecting the others. So perhaps he struck up a deal with Mathers? A sort of, "I do this and you don't kill them" bargain. Only thing is, somewhere along the line it got pretty screwed up. VERY screwed up. So even though the intentions were good, the end result was not, and to say that Oliver is going to be pissed would be an understatement.

Of course, all speculation on my part, and as I've quoted from this story before, things are not as they seem...

~Bob Evans

P.S. Expect a rockin' TSG3 post on Monday.
Bob Evans chapter 28 . 6/17/2008
It's interesting, too, that before at least there was a multitude of them to have these kind of character development chapters.

Now all that's the left is Oliver and Miles...amazing how many of them are dead. Oh, and don't forget Sam going crazy for no apparent reason. Although, to quote the ghost of Lisa, things are not as they seem.

And I really hope you don't give in to those temptations to add irrelevant stuff, because the stuff you've already got going will be surprise enough when we witness all of the unseen revelations at the end.

~The one and only Bob Evans
Bob Evans chapter 27 . 6/2/2008
Interesting..."Things are not as they seem". And methinks that statement was never truer. I was beginning to think it was some kind of drug Mathers was using on Oliver (maybe it is), but it's something else. And all these visitations from dead friends were the clues. Still, have no idea what happened to Sam, and their original mission has pretty much been screwed. How many of them are still alive? Just those two? And maybe Sam? Or perhaps New Zealand is now like Halo, and everyone is re-spawning.

Pyro Ghost chapter 26 . 5/15/2008
Maybe Sam's doing the same thing Danny did in Hot Fuzz? You are keeping things interesting.
73 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »