Reviews for 17
Raistlin Majere chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
They don't really get it, do they?

Sometimes cynical but subtle sarcasm escapes the masses.

Who knows what terrors would have been wrought were you to actually give this too him... I'm sure he would understand completely.

Oh, and there's a typo in your second line.

I'm certain you'd care to know.
Lyrical.Love chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
aw this is really great

i hope you gave it to him ]
abrokenpieceofme chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Hm...That was awesome. Really. I loved the style in which it was set out and the rhyming too. Great job!
life like whoa chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Beautiful. I loved it.

The begining was my favorite part.

Repetition in poetry always gets me. _

good work.
R.G. Angel chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I love this poem! And it's really appropriate for me since I turned 17 this year! It feels like you wrote it just for me, even though I know you didn't!

Is that a typo in the second line? "hears of shame?"

This is a beautiful poem and I LOVE it!

Angel
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
You should definitely give it to him! I'd love it if one of my friends wrote me a poem for my birthday!
SirScott chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
That would make a great birthday present. I think he would enjoy it.

SirScott
EmilyAlice10 chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
this is good, not the best one you've ever written, but still really good. I love how it starts. You should definitely give this to your friend, I'm sure he'll like it! Keep writing!
MalonSings chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Love it!

I'd give it to em!
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
You certainly should give it to him. It's great work; captures all the emotion of a birthday without seeming either too sappy or bitter. Great job.

(BTW, I think you have a typo in the first stanza, and I think you mean to say "no one" in "That no is as they seem". Just thought I'd let you know.)
ibmc2146 chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I enjoyed it, and I agree with the other reviewers. You should definitely give it to your friend.
she smolders chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
This is lovely and I know that I would be too nervous to ever give a poem to a friend, but if he means that much to you, I think you should. Take care.
Nonya Soum chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
You should give it to your friend. It's pretty great. Not many people write birthday poems, so that's pretty cool. Good job!

Write on!
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I like this a lot and I think it would be a really nice poem to give to your friend. Its bittersweet and portrays the feeling of another birthday passing by perfectly. Great job.