Reviews for Beauty in the Breakdown
phantom232 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Is it just me, or do depressing poems cheer anyone else up? I know they shoudn't, and why that in itself depresses me more, it is nice to know that I am not the only one out there with problems. That,it's not just around me where people are so oblivious or just love to ignore people who could use some attention, if just to make sure we'll still be allowing ourselves to breath the next day. Angsty poetry just makes me feel better, and like I can see what I am feeling expressed in words, even when I cannot capture the emotions that well.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
This is interesting.. I like hte format in the first two stanzas and the idea of being upset that someone else is happy while you're sad.. bc even thought thats so selfish its true.. powerful piece... awesome last line
lackluster chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
the title reminds me of the song by frou frou (too). the whole poem kind of reminds me of the song in fact.

nonetheless(, or maybe because of it?) i adore the way you word thoughts, messages, imagery: "Red stains in the eyes - the collision of the heart and the brain"

"I may not know why you can laugh and how you can smile - but I know that it hurts." something about that line is brilliant. and then connecting it to "You may never understand this filthy ruse of a pain." i almost don't want to analyze this too closely because it's absolutely beautiful right now.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
I am quite enamored with the phrasing in this piece. The imagery seems to strike you and blend with the very heart of this piece. Perhaps I am rambling now, but honestly, this is a good piece.
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Would this poem by any chance be inspired by the song "Let Go" by Frou Frou? "Beauty in the breakdown" is part of the lyric.

In any case, a wonderful and beautiful poem. Striking imagery through good wording. Well done, indeed.
Ice and Snow chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
i like it and it's interesting. so like you.
pukein ivy chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
You write beautiful things. This seems lyrical, no not rhymey but with an acoustic I could very well transform into music. I like your message and narrative. ]