Reviews for Don't Read Me
Lyrical.Love chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
wonderful again

i can kind of understand what you're saying

my parents have no idea that i write poetry (few people close to me do) but everytime music is brought up in a conversation they mention how wonderful of a singer i am

in reality i only sang once in front of people in eighth grade for my school's talent show

and before i went on stage i was hyperventalating because the girl i was supposed to sing with lost her voice

plus i'm much more interested in writing and playing instruments

i don't even know how to sing

but anyway great job

don't stop writing though

you're great and you should just do it for yourself

i know it's hard, but my sister tries to block out everyone's praises

she plays soccer and she's really good, but hates it when coaches talk about her

although it must be an ego booster to have coaches from all over europe calling when you're only 12 ]
EyesEmphatic chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
This is wonderful, and clearly a lesson learnt! Nothing posted on the internet is safe!

This is a great piece, and you are a great write from what I've read of yours so far, and I hope that you take in the compliments given to you, because you wouldn't receive them if you didn't deserve them.
riotmaker chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
i absolutely love this.

the tone and enjambment are perfectly slanted.
SirScott chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
I like how you describe your soul bleeding through your fingertips. Preety good touch. I guess if you don't feel like posting any more poems that's for you to decide.

SirScott
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
please don't let this be the last poem you write.

but it is a little uncomfortable having people read your 'soul' and knowing that they probably don't even appreciate or understand, or that they think it's silly-that's the worst feeling of all.

you're truly gifted, though.

you make me jealous.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Oh. My. Gosh. I know you dont write for good reviews, I could tell that, but this really is amazing. It totally mirrors my feelings all the time. I think both of us need a little more self confidence, and I completely get how it's so much easier to show your soul to people who don't know the outer you. Anyway, you're understood, by a person you don't even know, which may be the only way we can be understood. Great job, I can feel the emotion running of the screen. And as for your friend, well, give them a chance, they may understand more than you think. Keep writing. Please, really keep writing.
MyInspiration chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Oh wow I totally know what you feel like. My best friend is extremely nosy and loles digging through my stuff, reading personal, unfinished poems, etc. that I'd rather no one read and then she gushes about what an amazing writer I am when I know I'm good, but nowhere near amazing.

Best lines:

"I hate making words flow on a

Page and having to know that you

Might read them someday because

I hate it when people have keys

To my soul like they should be

Allowed inside my head"

"On your shoes so softly tapping

Against my thoughts taking in what

You can’t begin to understand"

"this is my hiding place my Eden and

My soul that is typed onto a page not just

Words I’m trying to convey but they are

Me and no one seems to be able to understand"

and the truest of them all:

"Because showing my soul to people who know

What it’s like or at least don’t know me is so

Much easier than you "
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
So... Am I not supposed to review this? I hope you'll forgive me if you didn't want me to...

So, I won't tell you that you're amazing and the next E.A.P., but I will say that my opinion is that you're great... Obviously that doesn't matter to you, so it's just my opinion. I know how you feel about the praise feeling untrue and undeserved. I often feel that way. I can actually relate to so much of this piece. I think I love the third stanza the most, though I loved all of the poem. Since you're not writing to please anyone or get complimentary reviews, I suppose I really should thank you for sharing it anyway.
Striped Candycane chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I can understand completely.

I feel that poems are for yourself and for those who are supposed to read them. As soon as someone who isn't that reader reads a poem and immediately gushed praise, the writing suddenly seems worthless to you. You captured the emotion perfectly.

Having said this, I am a little reluctant to submit this review:

I loved the way you broke the verses up to insist on certain words, and how it all seems to flow together like the torrent of feelings it is. My favorite verses were:

"Is my sanctuary not some childish

Playground that all are free to tread

On your shoes so softly tapping

Against my thoughts"...

Keep writing. Never stop writing. But I guess you already know that.