Reviews for Rain or Shine
onlyuptosaveit chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Aw... -sniffles- it made me cry. Very touching.

Damn drunk drivers!

-Jessi
Dream that was Life chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
That was really beautiful. I'm not the type to cry at stories, but that really touched me, all the same.

Aw.

R.
angels and airwaves chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Wow, this was brilliant beyond words. It's amazing how you craft something so beautiful from the guidelines you have, and it's amazing how you managed to squeeze so many tears from me. I love how Easton doesn't wallow in self-pity but is so forthcoming about his condition. Really makes me fall in love with him. And although I hate how he dies in the end, I guess it might have been the best way to end the story on a poignant, memorable note. You're incredible, and I aspire to be able to write like this one day. :)
Skido chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
That was so so so so very brilliant. I can't stand sad endings, I'll just end curled up and repeating 'No' over and over again while listening to cheerful happy music. But this was beautiful. I loved Easton's letter, and I can see where the narrative changed from child to present.

That, and the bit about deleting his online contact. How it says that she'll still be able to send messages. Very nice touch.

I'll just go sulk around and listen to cheerful songs now. Thanks for the good read, added to my favourites. :)
Kellybear chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
This was beautiful and so sad. Well done.
mia5081 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
I can't believe he died! That was so incredibly sad, I was ready for you to write how they ended up married or something (

Update soon!

~Mia
love to sleep chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
the word amazing doesn't do this story justice. i mean it.

You managed to capture all the emotions, the confusion, sadnessm humor and love and write something so amazing i cried. hell i'm still crying. towards the end i just burst out crying and haven't stopped since.

have i told you i love it, because i do!
megamegaturtle chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
This story was so great. You so passed the challenge. It was such a moving story. And it made me cry. Good job. I loved it!
too light for gravity chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
I demand alternate ending!

please please please please please please?

I am definitely voting for you on SKoW

haha

I love stories/movies/whatever with wise old people with kanes

Like the monkey from Lion King

gotta love him

"Ah, but you can learn from the past" WHACK!

ahahahahaha

If you're wondering how I remembered that from a movie I watched years ago

That's because my sister was watching it like two days ago

and I just watched a little bit with her...

hehe, just a little tiny bit

anyways

alternate ending!

I was crying...

not a pretty sight

you know how some people look all cute crying?

all the "a single glistening tear rolling down her cheek" stuff?

bleh

polar opposite

xD
acridquiddity chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Wow... I found this on the SKOW website.. and I'm amazed. I don't even have words to describe how I feel about this story. I thank you, however, for putting this story into words.
asianbabe92 chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
wow. this was a great read.

i must admit i was pretty hesitant towards the beginning to read it.

and i was thinking that this wasnt going to make me teary-eyed.

but towards the end i had to keep myself partially distracted so that i wouldnt cry.

i really liked this story and i hope you were satisfied with your work in response to the challenge.

i think you incorporated the requirements into the story really well.

]
its.Nothing.Special chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
So my fingers are shaking as I'm typing this, and I'm just...blindsided. Amazed. Overwhelmed. The beginning, I loved. True, there were a few cliche lines lurking in your description of the scenes, but the raw frustration/sadness/confusion felt by both characters (adored Casey and Easton) upon their first encounter was SO WELL-portrayed that you can just forget I mentioned that. ;) Seriously. I'm just.. This was so beautiful, so well-written, so original, so heart-warming/wrenching, and right now, I can't think straight.

I don't know-I could go on forever about the gorgeousness of this piece, the perfect execution of every scene, the brilliant wording...but then I'd sound (unduly) repetitive, and we can't have that. And my fingers are still feeling shaky.

The ending..was a tear-jerker. I swear I cried; stories hardly EVER make me cry. And if this were a movie, then...I'd be in my room for weeks, refusing to eat. It was that sad :'(

. I could say that ten thousand more times and I still wouldn't be able to convey the pure b-e-a-u-t-y of this piece. Uh-oh...repetitiveness!

Let's see...I guess I could try to be constructive (in an effort to sound more like a careful reader than a raging/crying fan).

Well, periods and commas always go inside the quotes; even single quotes. [Nothing would entice Grandpa from ‘Bullseye’.] [she felt an urge to break out into the rhyme ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’.] And any other instance like this should have the period inside.

And I didn't much like the line [Once again, she failed to notice saline lachrymal fluid seeping past her eyelids and dropping silently onto the cotton of the bed sheets.] You're a writer, not a chemist. The beginning of that sentence seemed too...impersonal, I guess...too exacting and detached. Ugh, SCHOOL! I know it does weird things to you. xD

It was still beautiful, though. :DD

So to end this on the praising note this piece is most definitely worthy of, [The handwriting on it changed gradually, the childish loop morphing into the neat script she was so familiar with.] Loved that. LOVED THAT. Kind of "show, not tell," if you know what I mean. And the things he wrote made my eyes water, but I think I've mentioned that. (DIE, REPETITIVENESS!)

You're brilliant, you know.

;)becky

(reviewers_found)
Sophelia chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
hmm, i decided to read something somber today ]

i'm not from england, but the image of London you painted seemed very believable. another thing i found remarkable was how well you developed your characters in a one-shot: in particular was Easton's character, considering he's mute.

i don't cry when i read something sad, but the catharsis i felt at the end was very satisfying. thank you! ]
claretmadeira chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
You're so mean...you made me cry. ) The last three sentences were really, really pretty. (That was very immature, but whatever) WEll, I'm not crying, really, but I've got tears in my eyes-doesn't that account for anything? That was really beautiful.
freakyAngel chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Oh heavens above I love you too much for words man.

This is bloody gorgeous. How someone can write a story this beautifully is beyond me.

But back to reality, I'm glad you're in AHS man. At least I know there are so many hidden talents in there you can't even begin to find them. Gives me another reason to hate the teachers, too - they can't see talent even if it's dancing madly in their faces in an inebriated state.

Gahs.

Anyways this really did bring tears to my eyes. Darn pretty too - it's not cliche or overused, perhaps it's even underused, so it's extremely unique as well.

You rock my fellow AH student (and senior).
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »