Reviews for Rain or Shine
Hosannah chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Aw...If I were the crying type I'd be drowning in tears! That was so sad! I wish I could write like that...I can never make readers feel sad. You are so awesome! I really really really loved Easton. I wish he hadn't died...but I guess it made the story better. I lurved this story! :-)
Avalon Cress chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
That was... amazing. Beautiful in it's sencerity.

It's awesome how with great writing you're right there with it, enough so to be moved to tears.

Anyway, fantastic job. Brilliant idea, brilliant communication of that idea, and overall a brilliantly moving story.
n-who-says chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
this story is truly a tearjerker. that part where she was going to delete him from her instant messaging list? dear god, that has got to be the saddest part of the story. its so, so, so sad because like you know he'll never recieve her messages and she'll never recieve any of his ever again. it's so sad...like "a walk to remember" sad, only worse in some ways. anyway, great job. it definitely got me crying. did you cry too while you wrote this?
cherrypiesizzle chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Oh, wow. That was phenominal. The storyline and everything was very effective in getting the mood across. The wording was amazing, and combined with your extensive vocabulary (I noticed), it makes a killer pair. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that. Then again, I didn't really read the contest rules at the beginning of the chapter. Still, even as I read this story I noticed the weather, but it wasn't blatant. It just seemed to flow with the story and it all seemed natural; subtle, as the expectations dictated, yet obvious enough that it is noticeable.

And now for my favourite part, although I was gaping at the screen for a while after I realized what it meant (I was in shock/sadness/anger):

Her eyelids fluttered open.

He wasn’t there anymore.

She started to scream.

The deliberate wording and short, precise sentences were right on the dot. That made it work. That made it a punch to the gut. Because of the wording, I didn't really understand what this meant at first - I thought it meant that he was literally gone, so I wondered why she was screaming so vehemently (as the sentence implied). I thought, well, he got better by some miracle so he left the bed. What's there to be so horrified about? So, when I did catch on in the next few sentences, it made the blow that much worse. Excellent.

I'm definitely voting you in SKoW! At first I was going to vote for this other one-shot challenge, but even before I was halfway through yours, I was thinking, this is it.

You are an AWESOME writer and you're gonna win )
andthefroggiedied chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Oh fudge, Louisa.

I hate you so.

You made me CRY.
SparklingStar25 chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
That was so sad!It made me cry so much.A beautiful story though.
Kimberli Kitten chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Oh. My. God. You really did make me cry. This is one AMAZING story.
valentine's disease chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Tear jerker? Most definitely.

Very beautiful, very well written.

Keep writing, never stop.

Love, Val
cookiemonster chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
That was officially in the top three saddest, most heartbreaking, tragic, beautiful (and so on) one shots I've ever read.

It really was sad!

Especially at the end...*sniffle sniffle*

I love your writing. You're the best!
Portrait Of A Dreamer chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
oh god..

I wish this was labelled a tragedy as well.. I dont think I've stopped crying in the last two minutes..

I've always had a soft spot for tragedies but I try to avoid them because I end up balling my eyes out for too long..

Especially ones of this kind.. So creative.. So .. argh.. Cant stop the bloody freaking tears.. Especially the ribbon bit..

Oh the tragedy..

Beautiful

And I can sufficiently say you completely succeeded in the tearjerker aspect of this challenge...

AH! Excuse me while I go and ATTEMPT to stop being such a crying idiot/basket case.

Beautiful.
sleepiedreamer chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
that was so sadd and sweet... too bad he died but good job
q is for quirks chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
*Sniffles* That was so sad, but it was really, really, really well-done. You really made the mute character work for you, and even though Eaton couldn't talk, I still thought he had a very defined voice. I like how Casey looks up to her grandpa and keeps referring back to him; that was sweet and a good repetition, and also the chemistry between her and Eaton, even when they're only seven years old. It was cute. I think that their relationship was a little rushed, but maybe that's just me. But what got me was "You have chosen not to delete EastOn from your instant messaging list. He/she will still be able to send you instant messages and see your online status. Do you still want to delete EastOn?" That part! That was so sad! And I realize how incredibly dorky it is of me to start crying THEN instead of at the hospital scene! But it was. Ah... truly magificent story. A definite favorite.
Swatter chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
This made me tear...

What impressed was how you actually took the time to go research on the setting and all the words and food and stuff. It was really like, "Wow, she actually bothers to."

Oh, and you carried the story very well.

It was a wondrous plot for such a challenging challenge.

Oh, put it simply, this rocks.

Swatter~
Mosaic Stains chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
This has taken me a while to send off, Sorry about that. I really didn't have time between working, keeping house, summer classes, and testing to read and review this story. But I'm here now, so I guess that counts.

Anyway, moving on, I found the story to be quite nice. It definitely carried that angst undertone to it, though not entirely strongly, which I personally think was good for a one-shot.

I didn't think having them fall in love as children then teenagers was going to be... good. Then I saw it worked very well, and you didn't, once again, over do yourself in mushiness.

Your grammar was definitely nice. I won't put perfect, because I think it's only an image we all strive for. Again it was nice. There were a few minor hiccups, but none that can't be fixed or looked over due to them being quite minor.

About the english terms... Well, after living in England for a good four years and having friends from England, I have to put not all talk as you put with the slang. Many of of the ones I know didn't use bloody often, but instead fuckin. It was one of their normal terms, sort of like Americans- only not like us.

Still as one of your reviewers put, I thought it was nice you actually took the time to look up the british terms and try and make the story sound as Londonish as you could. I 've read enough stories up here where the characters are supposed to be from America, but the authors themselves are from England, so they continuously slip up. Or in the opposite case, where the writer is from America, and yet they continuously sound very American.

Alright, the descriptions and characterization. I really like it for a one-shot. The characterization was very well put, since in a one-shot you can't have too much, and nor can you have very little.

The descriptions.. I think the only part which disturbed me a bit was where she came into the the cafe and there was a lot of dialogue. Yet, you had descriptions in between, which is something I really like to see, because it tells you what is happening, explains the situation, or what the characters are thinking.

Well, all and all this was a really good read. Then again I'm always there to cast my vote for a good story which evokes emotions. Where it's angst, or other.

~Mosaic
cherie chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
hey louisa hahah cherie here:D i really admire you as a writer. it was a fantastic, and yet sad story. a worthy tear-jerker:D
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »