Reviews for Rain or Shine
Lily Llynn chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
This has got to be the saddest, sweetest, and most tear-jerking (;)) oneshot I've ever read. *wipes tears* I absolutely love it! - which is why I'm adding it to my c2. (:
jane speaks chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Beautiful. Incredibly sweet, very well written. Definitely a tear jerker.
nina chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
...wow.
M.D.Irvine chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
omg this one shot makes me want to cry. shoot. im probably tearing up already. great originality in this one. I guess his death and his message for Casey made it bittersweet.
President chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
WOW! This is really good! I truly loved your choice of words, they're so succinct and concrete.

I love how you used pretence here:

Putting her pretence on temporary hold, Casey gave the boy beside her a speculative glance.

I didn't originally know its meaning but when I looked it up, WHOA. I liked how the other statements wherein you used your vocabulary for your benefit, but I LOVED the way you used pretence.

Oh and a little criticism...

She wanted to empathise with the kids there, but if they stole her Daddy away for them, she didn’t want to pity them.

but if they stole her Daddy away for them? Should it not be from her instead of for them?

Well fantastic sad story anyway I really hope you win.

-Avius from Reviewers_Found
PleaseDeletePleaseDelete chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
This is a good tearjerker.. sad, but sweet.
Fallen-Rose-Petals-16 chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
This was written so well. It's very original. I liked that Easton was mute, it added a whole, new refreshing element to the story and made it that much sweeter. By the end I was seriously bawling. It's reading things like this that makes me really wish I could write something just as good. Sorry, I have nothing to critize but I really enjoyed reading this.
Phalacrophobia chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
I liked this. It was saddish, but seeing as it was only a one-shot you didn't really get to know the characters so it wasn't as sad as it could have been. It was well written, original and sweet. The only thing wrong with it was the slang. It was weird. Do American's all say, 'Y'all'? Do all Australians say 'G'day Mate?' I don't think so. (And I'm aussie, and over here NO-ONE ever says G'day except for maybe people like Steve Irwin) But then it was very proffesional of you to look up the slang to make it as realistic as you could. :)

Anyway, I liked it. Cheesy, and now that I think of it, it was a little bland in some parts and could have used a little more... oomph? I don't know. But still, it was good and a nice change from all the 'loner girl/hot jock' oneshots. (Though I consider TCIC one of the better cliches)

-MOTFAIM
Randomisation chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
oh that's sad :( Very well written though really gr8!

Im from london and the slang was pretty good - never heard of tyre kicker luv da phrase :D
Crushed Promises chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
wow.

that was really good.

twyx chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
This story is BRILLIANT! Wow!
blah chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
holy shit! this is the best story made me cry... and listening to "Can't Breath"by keith Varon made me cry even more...
Saniaaa chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
aww, that has got to be the most cutest, sweetest and sadest short story I have ever read. Why did Easton have to die? :( I loved the last part though. This tory truly is amazing and It's definetily going on my favourites. Till next time, Bye!
skydancersrule chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Oh. My. Lord. I love it. So much. Amazingly well written. I so love it. A lot. Sorry I can't constructively critisize it or offer edits or give out improvements. But I think it's perfect. Awesome, wonderful, brilliant, great, excellent and whatever word you'd like to add. I suggest you gloat. You seem like the type of person who doesn't gloat much. I don't know you but you seem like it. Go gloat. Gloat your heart out. You deserve it. This is... splendid, breathtaking, grand, overwhelming, tremendous, and magnificent. Probably the sort of reaction you hate and adore but I can't say anything but positive things. Hate because you can't improve but love because well, someone likes your work. Anyways, again I apologise for not being able to help you improve. But I loved it. Officially my favourite tear-jerker. Even though that's biased because I like happy endings and not tear-jerkers. But I promise that not matter what tear-jerker I read later, this will be my favourite. Wow this is long. Okay, not gonna take up more of your time. Again, superb. I'll be waiting for They Call It A Cliche. Take your time on that one though. I'll wait patiently. (:
Queen Anabella chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
In the beginning, I didn't think the seven year-old love-at-first-sight thing was going to work. But work it did. Brilliant job. I don't have much to suggest. The story just got better and better near the end.

Queen Anabelle from reviewers_found