Reviews for Winter's Diamonds Are Tumbling
glimpses from an ivory tower chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
First off, thanks for reviewing my poem Letters from Walden. It's fairly new, and sort of experimental, so I was anxious to get feedback. Much appreciated.

"Flecks of icy cold diamonds are

Tumbling down from the skye this morn"

Brilliant opening that immediately drew me into the poem. I really like your focus on trees (yes, I'm sometimes guilty of being a tree-hugger) during the winter. The season really depresses me because of all the leafless trees...I always feel like the world is dead, and I'm the only one who's realized it. But I like your idea that they are merely sleeping.

"It is better that their blood, the summer's sap"

Fantastic choice of words.

The only suggestions I'd have for improving this poem would be to check your spelling of "thru" and "a sail"...think you meant "assail" but correct me if I'm wrong. I'd also change the phrase "It is good" because it's not poetic as compared to the rest of the poem. Other than that, you've got a great poem on your hands. Wonderful job!

Julia

P.S. Do you read Dickinson? Just wondering when I saw the random capitalization of a noun and then an adjective in the latter half of the poem.
CrazyDreamerGirl chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
I really liked this poem. I love how you compared snow to diamonds. It's really descriptive and well written. Good job.