Reviews for My Guardian Angel
angels and effects chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Oh my God, you flipping genius! I LOVE YOUR ONE SHOTS! And this is so sad! Seriously, I wanted to cry when Alex had been struck on the head by Autumn's dad and all she could do was look at the blood, blah, I'm not so good at summarising. There's also the bitter irony that it was Autumn's fault that Alex can't remember her any more. I love the plot, everything... personally, I feel the sub-category should include Angst too because there's quite an amount of it here. If not, it wouldn't make me want to cry. You have a knack of being able to mix humour and angst together without making it seem overdone, which is what makes it unique. :)

I love the ending too - it leaves behind a sufficient number of questions marks, yet gives readers a sort of hope that Alex will be able to recover. I would have loved an ending where Alex gains his memory back and remembers Autumn, but the last sentence was good enough. Christabel's just a jealous best friend, but it was a great idea to bring her in. Of course, I'm willing to bet that in the end, Alex does recover from his amnesia... it's a little hard to think otherwise.

As for criticism... nothing much, this is too perfect for words! Except maybe that you occasionally switch tenses. The entire story is obviously in past tense but sometimes, it veers off to the present tense (not too badly, but it's still prevalent enough to damage the flow of the story). For example, 'She’s fallen for Alex.' should be 'She'd fallen for Alex'. By the way, are you Australian or British? I noticed that you use UK English (I do too) and I was just curious. Or maybe I asked you that before and forgot. :)

So, update Brown Eyes soon and I'll be an even happier reader!

P.S. Your characterisation of Autumn was good. She's the kind of person I would like to meet in real life, you know? And once again, poor Alex... love truly knows no boundaries.
slee5133 chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
aw! so sweet until the end. i don't like the end. they needa end up together! they r so meant to be!
eRIN chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Oh it's so sweet. Too bad it's a one-shot thingy. I love it.
YoursMarilyn chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Oh my gosh, that was a really good oneshot! I love your writing, please update when you get the chance. :)
Ruh chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
oh my god...this story almost brought me to tears...very very well writeen...maybe you could write lke a sequel/epilogue or something with a good ending
Twinkle Star Bell chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Oh my gosh. That's so sad. I almost wanted to cry. He forgot her and that Cristabell made it worse! How could she do that. She just wants Alex. It's so sad it's a one-shot. I hope there be like a sequel one-shot or something but highly unlikely. lol. Anyway update soon this story was really good! Well written and well thought out.
swimchickslam chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Aww! OMG that was so sad D: Christabel's a bitch [ I love your oneshots :)
JaimeG chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Omg... that's so sad... i cried.. it's horrible... i think you should write it into a full size story... i would definately read it
Venus Smurf1 chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Wow. Just...WOW. That had to be one of the most powerful pieces I've ever read. I'm awed, I'm amazed, I'm...pissed. What's with that ending? Don't you know that they're supposed to end up together?

Well, you're wonderful, and it's definitely an ending I won't forget...okay, I still adore you. I'd love it if you'd write a sequel, but I'm grateful for this whatever happens. You're just plain gifted, you know.
goodbyemylover chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
aww, this had a really sad ending...but i'll just pretend that they get together again.

it was really cute though, and i think her friend chrissy is a horrible friend, if you can even call her a friend.

but the story was awesome, keep up the good work!
lemon-mint-tic-tac chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
That was a poignant sad love story. I feel sorry for Autumn and the pain it caused her. Christabel is a cruel person, what kind of best friend would push the girlfriend away.

I liked the ending put forth, it gives the reader to end the story which is probably they would meet again and fall in love back all over again and this time fate would not hinder it. :)

Nicely written for a chapter length. It's worth reading it.
bex17 chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
believe it or not, I actaully LOVED the ending. it might've ended...well...not happily, but it was still great! good job!

KB chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
wow. that was really good. uber sweet and that made the ending so friggin sad. i thought for sure that he would remember autumn because they spent so much time tigether. i really wish he'd remember. :( and you have awesome writing skills
RockMusicFreak chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
I didn't like the ending too much.
Lori chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
aww that was such a bittersweet story! It would have been awesome if Alex had remembered Autumn... but I love how you left the end to the reader's imagination :]
200 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »