Reviews for Black Balloon
Lost in A World of Pain chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
A very well written poem that again I feel many people can relate to. The more I read the poem and more I got into it, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the person in the poem (if it's you, then I refer to you) and just want to reassure them and tell them that all will be well. And yet, that would be lying wouldn't it? For who can know what the future holds and what it can have in store? Most likely the future will not be ok and that the lie would have to end. Yet this is why I appreciate the ending so very much, or rather your author's note at the end of the poem, where you refer to the fact that to be told good things is truly a dream. Reality is harsh and cruel, and not for the faint of heart, and yet I think that is why many people turn to writing poetry to express themselves. I really like this poem and will keep on thinking about it. I was actually feeling guilty that I could provide no comfort as I read the poem. This is very emotive writing, and if you can move your reader to experience feelings while reading, you know that you have achieved something unique and good.

Cheers

Lost in A World of Pain
Firestone2 chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
The Goo Goo Dolls songs you stole from are very beautiful. Your poem, however, suffers from that lack of originality.
EyesEmphatic chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
This is amazing. Though I don't quite understand the use of "don't" instead of "doesn't" etc?

Anyway, this is really visual. Great job.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
"See, I hide myself behind a broken smile and a broken mask

and you’re the only one I’ve ever thought of letting in."

I like those lines. Of course, I like the whole thing. Very relatable (for a change). Great job.