Reviews for Be honest
i'd delete this if possible chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Ouch. This... is beautiful. And so real. Sometimes I really feel like this, especially near a break-up. I just feel like screaming 'just do it! just tell me the truth- be honest! you don't love me. I don't love you. We're done! It's not that hard to say...'

"Do it after you promise me the world."

"Kiss me with pity and tell me I’m no longer beautiful."

"If you’re going to break my heart, at least do it right, make it hurt."

Those are the best lines. Ever. Beautiful.
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
oh my, darling. i haven't been here nearly enough. but never fear, because i have gone there and back again and here come some more luffly reviews for you :3

i have to say i love the blended poetry-prose format. i try it out myself sometimes but it never gets quite as gorgeous as this. the whole thing has this really sad tone, like the speaker doesn't think she's good enough for the boy, and i get the feeling that the boy you're referring to wouldn't do all the things written here- she just thinks he should, because she doesn't love herself. and sometimes that's the saddest thing.

the only critique i have here is the last line- it doesn't quite seem to flow, and it's a bit confusing. i think you're trying to say, leave me with that closure, and that closure is knowing there's only one thing i can love for- honestly. it just doesn't get across very clearly.

prettiest line- "Leave me as it rains and drive off in the twilight of a lukewarm September." it feels delicate. there are a lot of in-between words in it. between night and day, cold and hot.
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Heartbreaking and honest in itself. This is beautiful on so many levels, and I can relate.. it hurts, but getting it over and done with beats getting strung along.
she smolders chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
I think honesty that important too. This is just beautiful.
bipedalcooney chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Beautifully written. I love the tragedy of this poem, it leaves a memorable impact. Well done, great work and keep writing.