Reviews for Johnny Reb
Uldaren Bardaniel chapter 11 . 5/19/2009
Oh, do please continue this! I am finding myself more and more engrossed in this story with every word that I read! It is a wonderful work thus far and you have my gratitude for putting it up here! :D I've been reading this so long, I'm starting to talk fancy like them. XD Great job!
huffle-bibbin chapter 11 . 11/15/2008
Hallo! I found you over at fanfic, and meandered over here and found this lovely story. It's really good, and very accurate. I love it! I know you haven't updated in over a year, but please, write more soon!
Star the Foxhound chapter 11 . 10/9/2008
Great story, plz update soon ;)
Sirhin chapter 11 . 5/10/2008
I love this fic and I can't wait to see what happens next. Does Jay eventually enlist? Does Char and Tom eventually get together?

I noticed the last update day as August of last year and I hope it's not abandoned or anything.

Update soon! :)
Victoria chapter 9 . 6/26/2007
This story has a lot of promise, and I urge you to keep up with it! If I may, you might consider reffering to Jay as Johnny in the general text, simply because he has gone by this name for quite a long time, and probably thinks of himself as Johnny anyway. Just a thought.

Thanks for this entertaining piece, much enjoyed!
Great-Enchantress chapter 6 . 6/1/2007
Another great chapter! I have to say this chapter made me LOVE Jay and dislike Char a bit more. I don't know why, but Char just bugs me a little bit. Maybe because she bugs our main character, eh? A good sign for how well you write!

I'm very excited that Daniel and Belle are going to get married, I hope you write that scene soon and I hope he doesn't die in war. :-/ That's a little worrisome to me. I don't blame Jay for wanting the war to happen, the Southerners thought for sure it was their God-born right to war with the North and it's hard not to join the bandwagon.

I hope you update soon! I'm enjoying this very much.

Great-Enchantress chapter 5 . 6/1/2007
Hello! This was a very good chapter, a little more subdued than the other ones, but that's not a bad thing! I liked it when Jay realized how soft he's getting. It reminds me of PLEASANTVILLE, you know that movie with Toby McGuire and Reese Witherspoon when they go into the television? Well, when Reese Witherspoon starts reading books and changes her ways, it reminded me of that. Very good movie.

I noticed one thing though. The diary had two dates, May 4 1860 and August 20, 1859. Did you do a type-o for one of those dates? Just wondering.

Good job, I'm on to read the next chapter!

JustWriter chapter 5 . 5/30/2007
Oh no...

-JWchan -
Great-Enchantress chapter 4 . 5/28/2007
Again, this chapter is superb and it makes me want to read more! I was so excited to get another chapter from you it made my morning to see that you had updated at last. :-) And it was well worth the short wait. I do have to say I love the characters' response to the seccession of S. Carolina. It was very realistic. Poor Johnny knows that it's not going to end well, but I have a feeling he's going to get himself wrapped up in it all ere the story's over.

One thing that I thought was slightly wrong historically was when you said that Lincoln wanted the southerners to give up their slaves. I don't think that's true. Unless I am very much mistaken, Lincoln just wanted the new territories to be free states. Not to add any more slave states, which would make Congress unbalanced and all of the new ammendments passed would be anti-slavery. I think that's the only slavery issue at the beginning of the war. Then as the war continues, Lincoln realizes he has to free the slaves, hence the Gettysburg Address.

Hope that helped, and I am really looking forward to a new chapter!

Esoteric Shadows chapter 3 . 5/27/2007
SQUEE!

lol

update soon

this is fantastic

I love historical fiction, especially time-travel
JustWriter chapter 3 . 5/24/2007
Very nice. Continue.

-JWchan -
Great-Enchantress chapter 3 . 5/24/2007
I am really enjoying this story! I think Jay is a really good character, he fits the whole stereotypical teenage boy of the new milennium. And Char is exactly what he needs to shapen up! That and the whole trip back in time. Lol. I have a feeling that they aren't going to be able to leave before the war comes, which only means that Jay will have to fight, right? I like the little romance off to the side with Daniel and Belle. Belle's all snooty and Daniel's head-over-heals in love. It's cute. :-) Good job over all, I'm really looking forward to a new chapter!

Fabian Beswick chapter 2 . 5/21/2007
This looks pretty interesting, you had best continue, methinks.