Reviews for The Silver Tower
Disney Is Hardcore chapter 3 . 3/1
Ah; she is this Saran; and this is why everyone so easily does what she wants...
Le camere del cuore chapter 1 . 1/29
Can I just say how much I freakin adore this story! You're an amazing author! Keep writing! _
loivissa17 chapter 20 . 11/19/2013
beautiful. just Beautiful. :D
tatiyonnah chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Okay, I haven't even finished reading the first chapter yet, but I have to say they I'm impressed. U had me at the first sentence my friend. That is some sexy descriptive writing, very creative and original and it sets the tone perfectly- I already know that this is gonna be some dark and heavy stuff.

This sort of superior writing is what ive been thirsting for.
InkWitch chapter 20 . 7/30/2012
Humph. That was... not fulfilling. Very disappointing. That was a waste.
InkWitch chapter 19 . 7/30/2012
This is boring now. I don't see the point anymore. There wasn't enough detail to make this story interesting.
InkWitch chapter 12 . 7/30/2012
Oh my god. Saran's EVIL? :O
InkWitch chapter 10 . 7/30/2012
Hm. I'm still mystified. But this is getting interesting..
InkWitch chapter 9 . 7/30/2012
WHAT. IS. GOING. ON?

this is excruciating!
InkWitch chapter 7 . 7/24/2012
Um what. NOW this is getting exciting...
InkWitch chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
Was there a point to this chapter...?

Still. Oh my god, I am just falling in love with you more and more.
InkWitch chapter 4 . 7/22/2012
I just realized this is spamming. I'm sorry.
InkWitch chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
InkWitch chapter 2 . 7/22/2012
HOW is it possible that this only has 60 reviews? This is preposterous. I hate it when the good writers don't get the attention they deserve.
Now I'm going to give a review for each and every chapter you have, even if I have nothing to say but "Oh my god, I am just falling in love with you more and more." Speaking of which...

InkWitch chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I think you are a brilliant writer. It's so satisfying to see that I HAVEN'T gone crazy and that good FictionPress authors DO exist. You are like a long draught of cold water in a desert during the harshest beats of summer. Yeah, THAT good.

I did find a lot of things that made me, well, pause in uncertainty. Not sure if this "...running her hands across the silver walls until her palms stained grey and stank of metal" was correct, because how can your palms stink of metal? And how does paint come off on your hands unless its like very cheap paint?
And I think you should add something to this line, "Knowing that this routine would soon drive her crazy..." like 'if it had not already' because you said Saran didn't remember how long she'd been a prisoner. If she grew up in the tower, that would make sense but it doesn't seem like she grew up there. So that would mean that she HAD gone slightly bonkers, not totally off the edge, but enough that desperation and loneliness was clouding her sanity. So adding that phrase would make it clearer, I think.
This "Saran set about with her plan of escape at once." also gave me pause. Sorry, but didn't you imply that she'd been in this tower for AGES? Then why the 'at once'? 'At once' after what? Is this at the beginnging of her captivity? I don't. Under. Stand.
My suggestion is to get a good beta-writer. Someone who can read over your story and help you edit it a bit.

Because, seriously, you are just brilliant as a writer. This one chapter shows how much effort and research went into it: the words, the prose you use! It's perfect and I LOVE how it sounds so real. I mean, your writing has a natural voice to it and at the same time sets the time and age of the story. It's beautiful, honestly musical to my (mind's) ears. But often, people can miss a lot of things in their own writing (speaking from experience here) so a beta-writer who writes like you would help immensely in getting rid of the nitpick details that you've missed.
The other thing that I absolutely adore is how brutal Saran's situation gets. I mean, it's so medieval days-ish, that it fits. Perfectly. She nourished herself on her own pee, for god's sakes, how much more 'Game of Thrones' can you get? And she's so stubborn, and resourceful... Saran's already earned my respect. I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be a typical character.
I love that description at the beginning, of the tower: "The tower stabbed out of the ground like a giant's bony finger: a smooth, single-windowed construction that shifted in the inconstant light like a slender mirror twirling in the sun." It's so beautiful and descriptive in a few lines. I think I've only come across one other writer whose descriptions made me wriggle in delight, her name is Traquor. Her prose is just as brilliant as yours.

Lastly, but not least, I love thy ending.
Reading on!