Reviews for Solitude and Synergy
Tina Vainamoinen chapter 8 . 2/14
This...kinda makes me want to re-think EVERYTHING.
Tina Vainamoinen chapter 3 . 2/14
Alexis reminds me of Norway from Hetalia by his bluntness.
Tina Vainamoinen chapter 1 . 2/13
Le gasp! Bad witch! Bad witch! This reminds me of the original Rapunzel.
Yuval25 chapter 8 . 10/6/2013
This was beautiful! I loved the characters. They were so fascinating and real and full of personality!
Your writing is beyond words (no pun intended). It was fantastic!
The plot captivated me thoroughly and I couldn't stop reading until I reached the end. I loved Alexis's blond hair and Christian's love affair with Edmund. I loved how Christian cared very much about Edmund.
I thought the clay-bodies were a bit unimportant to the plot, but that's just a little thing and didn't affect my reading experience at all!
The chapter thought was the best was the first chapter, because of the way it sounded and the writing style. It was brilliant story-telling. The Woman, the Man and the Witch, trading 30 coins for a basket, the witch's evil plot, it all seemed like a book I would buy. Happily.
Depth-of-Field chapter 8 . 3/28/2013
Cute story. :) Christian's an ass, though. "Here, you can stay in this dark and empty tower all by yourself with only me and your crazy mom for company because I don't want to cause drama with my ex boyfriend!" Durrr...

Alexis is great, though, and I love the life he built for himself.

Also, the Man and the Woman at the beginning of the story were just adorable.
R. Ficst chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
Very much enjoyed. The tone creates a wonderful feel to the writing, and I enjoyed your twist to the known tale. Lovely storytelling.
oddkitty chapter 8 . 12/23/2012
I was really enjoying the story...

and then it just ended. Don't get me wrong, it was well written and all, but it felt unfinished. There were so many strings left untied at the end. Did the witch actually die and how did she die? What about Alexis' parents and his siblings? Why did no one from court search for the Prince when he didn't return? What became of Hansel and Gretel? etc. So while I enjoyed reading it, I felt like you could have done more with it.

I also didn't particularly like Alexis, or even Christian for that matter - I actually had a bit more empathy for Edmund and I felt that the witch, while being a horrible old crone should have received a more visible death or approached an end that would have provided closure. Even to the point where it would redeem her character at the end if she cried for her own children or gone down in a screaming blaze of insane glory, either way.

It wasn't until Alexis had been long at the desert tribe camp that he became a bit more interesting and someone more likeable whereas Christian changed, but I still could not empathise with him.

It also seems strange that you would give Alexis' family so much back story and never return to mention them from there on out. I suppose it follows the original Rapunzel, but it's been years since I read it and for some reason I was under the impression that the family was reunited, I'm probably wrong though.

Er, yes, sorry about that. Um. As I said before, I DID actually enjoy the story and I'm sure if there had been a little more to it, I would have only have enjoyed it more.
xMeru chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
This story is very good! It is very original and good written. I will follow! :)
Xivypeacex chapter 8 . 10/23/2012
Your story was beautiful!
M.J Walters chapter 8 . 10/14/2012
Thank you for writing such a lovely story; I thoroughly enjoyed it & devoured it over two nights. Thank you.
M.J Walters chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Omg I love this! It's so passionate and beautifully written - and what a twist on the original fairytale! There should have been a lot more stories like this growing up but for now I'm glad to have had this opportunity to have stumbled across yours :)
KatieBobb chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
This is so cool :) I already wish I had a bound copy with beautiful script on the front. I don't know how the rest of the story is going to go, but so far it sounds like a wonderful fairy tail. Even if it is slash, lol. I love slash. And you write fabulously. Thanks you so much for posting!
Sam chapter 8 . 9/8/2012
This story is just...there are no words I can use to describe it. Your words are beautiful and the characters and their thoughts and feelings were articulated amazingly well. I felt like I was reading on actual fairytale!
GrangerDanger333 chapter 8 . 9/5/2012
Awww! Such a cute story, and really well written too! :D
I was wondering a little what happened to Alexis' real parents, but meh, I still love the ending!
mangatake chapter 8 . 6/16/2012
Beautiful :) Thanks for sharing.
154 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »