Reviews for Meant To Be
Missy Ann chapter 6 . 12/19/2008
I can't guess...

What book is it?
Missy Ann chapter 5 . 12/19/2008
It's good to see Luke behaving himself.

It's just getting better and better!

This is a WONDERFUL story!

Lots of character Chemistry.

-m.A.
Missy Ann chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
That sounds horrible! Liam shouldn't punch someone so much younger.
Missy Ann chapter 3 . 12/19/2008
It's nice to see that they're finally getting along.

I like Luke... as much as Nettie hates him.

-Missy Ann

(pen names are so fun!)
Missy Ann chapter 2 . 12/19/2008
This was a beautiful chapter! I like how you express her feelings towards Luke!

Love it!
pinkeclipse chapter 7 . 12/19/2008
i love the story! hope they get to spend more time together because it seems to have helped her see him differently...
Missy Ann chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
I love the way you do this. The fighting is very much like in my house and I can completely emphasize with Annette as she battles an over obsessive guy.

-Missy Ann
Twilight Starr chapter 6 . 7/21/2008
It's good to get inside Luke's head. Nice work. Keep writing!

~Twilight Starr~
Mlae chapter 6 . 7/20/2008
Great story! Love Luke's softer side! Update soon. xx
its.Nothing.Special chapter 6 . 7/15/2008
Did you know that you don't accept anonymous reviews? I wasn't logged in, so that orange message popped up, and yeah. Just wondering. XD

ANYWAY! So I'm trying to get off FicPress; not sure if you saw my profile. But I'll still come back to review, so hakuna matata (what a wonderful phrase, hakuna matata, ain't no passing craazee. It means no worries for the rest of our-oh, my bad). 8D

AND! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. Your dialogue tags were flawless. Seriously. So no "this should be a comma" or "uh...period" for me. YAYAYYA! I don't have to be an annoying bore-snore! GOOD JOB, KIDDO! -grinsgrinsgrins-!

Nice! So his dad's Liam's therapist. Good choice. This should be interesting. BWAHHAAHA! Though I did find this sentence odd: [Both Nettie, her sisters, and my father frowned.] First of all, since you said "both," you can only include two characters, "sisters" being one, I guess. And second of all, if her dad's a therapist, shouldn't he be used to rude kids like Liam? I just don't see how one insolent answer would faze him enough to frown. It just didn't seem professional.

Also, (just a style thing) in the first few paragraphs, you capitalized a lot of words. You might want to tune that down a little, or maybe italicize them. I'm pretty sure the reader would get the picture with or without the extra emphasis, but italics are pretty much awesome, so yarh.

ANYWAY, UBER CUTE CHAPTER! Luke is just adorable. And Nettie seems like a great older sister. She is SO warming up to him. DON'T DENY IT, GIIRRLL!

[“I’m HANNAH! That’s spelled h-a-n-n-a-h. And I wanna be a ballerina when I grow up. And I’m gonna live in a big pink castle with sparkles everywhere,” Nettie’s youngest sister said cheerfully.] AWW! I just want to pinch her cheeks. You should capitalize the "H" in "h-a-n-n-a-h," though.

[I broke into a huge smile and called out her name. “Annette!”] Hmm. Maybe he's allowed to call her that after all? HEHEHE. I like it when he calls her that. She should get used to it, BWAHA!

Poor, poor Luke. Love always does try to strip away at a guy's manliness, doesn't it? 'SOKAY. WE STILL LOVE YOU, YOU SISSY. -ignores Luke's protests-

I think you're really starting to get comfortable with writing this story. It seems like you're improving stylistically, and the way you describe things is becoming less forced and just a lot more realistic and natural - more humorous, actually. YAY FOR FUNNINESS!

Really great job with this chapter. Looking forward to an update! You are an awesome opossum!

;)becky

P.S. No offense. It just rhymed, okay?
CantabileAria chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Fun Fun! I always like the stories where the girl falls in love with the guy way after the guy falls for her Keep up the good work
its.Nothing.Special chapter 5 . 7/1/2008
BACK! And the moth has totally been conquered (meaning I chased it out of my room, so I hope it flew downstairs and is currently tormenting my brothers). IT IS SO COOL how you respond right away. LOL. I'm used to replies coming, like, hours later.

[Coach told us to get in groups of 5.] Numbers under twenty should always be spelled out, so it should be "five."

[“Of course not! Come on, lets get a ball.” Mikayla said cheerfully.] Period should be comma. :D

[We were playing against a group of volleyball girls who kept trying to spike the ball at us if we kicked it high...] AHAHAHAH! AHAHHAHAHAHAAH! OMG, that was classic. Somebody needs to talk to those girls. That was hilarious, I swear. XD

[We ended up winning all 5...] 5 five.

[“I guess I’ll tell him I forgot about it and get a zero,”] Comma period.

[It just happens that I had some family issues last night and I didn’t get to it. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t know the answers,”] Comma period. xD

AWW, Liam is so ridiculously CUTE! This whole STORY is so ridiculously cute.

LOL. With the exception of the whole Liam business. And don't ship him off! ROFL. That would be funny if you did, though. xDD

I think this was my favorite chapter so far!

Keep up the great work, and now I can finally say it:

UPDATE SOON!

its.Nothing.Special chapter 4 . 7/1/2008
Grammar stuff first, as per usual. -falls asleep-

[“Whoops is right! You do not fall asleep in the middle of class, no matter how tired you are. School is for learning, not sleeping! Now pay attention, Miss Wilson.” He lectured.] I know I've said what to do if you DON'T have a dialogue tag, but it never occurred to me that I should point out that if you DO have a dialogue tag, you need a comma. And the "He" wouldn't be capitalized. So it should be: [". . . Now pay attention, Miss Wilson," he lectured.] You usually do those right, so that's probably why I never mentioned it. But we all slip up once in a while. xD

[“Right, sorry Mr. Laun,” I decided that it. . .] Comma should be period. I know I said I wouldn't point those out anymore, but sometimes I just have the urge to. Eh! Just tell me if you want me to point out these specific errors, or if you've got 'em covered.

WHOA, Liam is kind of . . . scary? Dx That was a pretty interesting story. I'm not sure if you were planning on making Liam a big part of the story, but after that explanation, I think he should play a role, since a whole chapter was spent on it and all. Otherwise it would seem like you just needed something to talk about. I dunno...maybe Luke would be his counselor or something? LOL. I dunno. xD

LOL, llamas? [“I think they’re really ugly,” Luke said.] ROFLOLOL! Way to be blunt. I wonder what Kuzco is thinking right now.

[“No they are NOT! They’re super adorable!” Laura cheered.] Double punctuation aside, I just really liked that. Because "cheered" seemed like a really appropriate verb. Made it seem funnier for some reason. xD

YEAH ANYWAYS, I got distracted by this, like, moth or something in the middle of writing this review. So maybe I should hurry up and submit it because it took forever.

ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER! -pumps fist in the air-

its.Nothing.Special chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
FIRST OFF:

SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG! I woke up, but then my brother barges into my room and goes: "The cousins are coming over tomorrow." THE COUSINS meaning the ones from Canada. Dude. Haven't seen them in forever. And that meant I had to clean my room, which believe me, is not easy - considering its current state. And I only got a day's notice. I would've cleaned earlier had I known. Who knew my room was so dusty? Anyway, I'm supposed to be cleaning as we speak, but eh, I'M ALLOWED TO HAVE BREAKS, RIGHT? Right.

But now I'm here! Rejoice! HAHA. (And OMG, I saw the shout-out on your profile. Thanks so much! YOU are amazing.)

Onto the review: you did the comma-sans-dialogue-tag thing a couple times: [“Yeah,”] and [“I’m not rude to her,” At least I don’t think I am…] and [“You could also try NOT calling her by her full name. That really pisses her off, you know,”] and like three or four times towards the end. And the double-punctuation stuff (i.e. “And how do you propose I do that?”), too. I'm sure you're getting pro at this now. xD

[“So, Luke, how’s everything going with the lovely Nettie?” Ian asked me.

“Pretty good,” I replied.] LOL! I really like his optimism. It's pretty endearing. AWW, LUKE! GO GET 'ER TIGER! ROFL. But seriously. I loved his simple response. He's so cute.

[Ian and I were partners, and Nettie and Mikayla.] You should say "so were" Nettie and Mikayla, or something like that.

Btw, badminton doesn't have to be capitalized; no sport does.

[“Oh, cool. I was just wondering because you looked kind of agitated when you left,” Jeez, he’s observant.] The comma should be a period there since it's part of the narration, not an actual tag, but that's not what I wanted to say. I wanted to say: DUH, HE'S OBSERVANT. HE LOVES YOU?

[I was so amazed that I forgot to pay attention to the teacher for half of the class.] HAHA. Looks like Ian's plan is already working. I like him. xD And although I miss the annoying side of Luke, I like the way Nettie's reacting. Though Luke seems almost...overly polite. Is that intentional? I know he said he wasn't experienced in "the act of being nice" (did you mean "art"?), but the politeness kind of surprised me. Maybe I'm weird.

[“No I didn’t, I said *maybe* you can have a turn,”] Again, comma should be period, and again, NOT what I wanted to say. xDD I WANTED TO SAY, Liam souonds like my brothers. HOW SAD! LOL. You are REALLY good at capturing the way younger siblings act. PROPS, KID.

Nice chapter! Though maybe you should end it on a more climactic note to keep readers clicking the Next Chapter button. Talking about homework, as you know, makes me sleepy. LOL. Of course I want to know what happens, so . . .

MORE!

Twilight Starr chapter 5 . 7/1/2008
The bit about her smile and him spacing out made me smile. Nice work. Keep writing!

~Twilight Starr~