Reviews for Emery & Me
It's 2015 chapter 18 . 1/21
Thanks for sharing this great story! :)
LetMeWonder chapter 18 . 12/19/2014
This story was such an endearing read
Azure chapter 17 . 11/15/2014
PLEASE. PLEASE don't start any more sentences with "I, I did this..." or "You, you did that." It's very annoying and sounds awkward when people read it. Your writing is good though, much better than most of this stuff on Fictionpress. Congrats.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/15/2014
Great story. If I had to nitpick, though, I would say you used the word "wail" too much and also started sentences with "I, I..." or "You, you...".
A Different Kind of Yellow chapter 18 . 11/7/2014
I just read your story from start to finish. And I LOVED IT. It was so real, the conversations are ones I would've had with my own friends. The characters were so real, I could imagine them in your descriptions. One thought though - maybe you should do a side story where Andrea really does get Cobe? :) Looking forward to looking through your other stories - maybe I should go do it now! Fantastic, fantastic story. Really.
Ishotthealbatross chapter 3 . 10/17/2014
So Amber's pretending to be like Bronwyn to get Emery to like her...huh...
Ishotthealbatross chapter 2 . 10/17/2014
This is very very interesting! What is Amber hiding? :O
bigredcat chapter 18 . 8/26/2014
To be completely honest this was very awkward for me to read. I myself have a sister who I am very close to which is why I thought I could relate even just a tiiiiiiny tiny bit but no, there was nothing in their relationship that I empathise with nor understood. Which was really surprising as i often did with other clos sibling stories. No matter how much the author defended the protagonist and cleared up the comments saying that she had no backbone, I couldnt help but notice that she really didnt have one. Not in going after what she wants but with facing a sister she was supposedly close with no matter how much she has changed. You would think she would go all out and drill her with with a very strong confrontation, as what anyone would do with someone who theyre so close wiyh that they can be themselves anf speak their minds openly. But she just let things happen, watched her drift away without a fight and the mere fact that such deep jealousy isdues had risrn within amber without her noticing and without amber confiding these things to her proves that their supposedly close relationship may not have been so from the start. The protagonist also had so many inconsistencies with her thoughts, words, and overall personality. One minute she would hate him for being the reason for her sisters sudden change and then the next, within the same scene, she would talk to him and joke around as if nothing drastic just happened. This and more made me think that main character was very weakand her inconsistencies in everything she did made her seem a bit of a shallow person. I think it would have helped in making her character more likeable to the readers if she was able to have stronger arguments and conversations with both emery and amber, and if she was able to actually exert effort in fighting for the people who ssupposedly mean a lot to her. It would also be good if she wasnt governed by too much, should I call it lust or attraction, to emery. I mean I know feelings cant be dictated or stopped but it was like it was all she had and nothing more that somehow made her a bit of a bland character that has no principles of her own to stand by. The character that I really liked throughout the whole story though was andrea. She was such a strong and appealing character who knows what things should be tolerated and what should not because yes you do not tolerate bad behavior just cause she your sister. By going against her and knockinh some sense in her mind, you are actually showing that you truly care and want the best for her. As they say only people who truly love you will not be afraid to point out your mistakes because they know thay by doing so it would make you a better person and that if they wont then who else will? Andreas character was abreath of fresh air and is very intriguing. She could make a good protagonist in a story.:))))
Love2read chapter 18 . 8/22/2014
It says in your profile that you have just finished a university degree in Creative Writing, and it shows, with your use of proper punctuation and good grammar. I wish more stories here were like that! I read stories here that may be interesting only to find myself correcting all the mistakes in my mind as I go along.. which is a bit off putting. So well done. The characters are interesting although I found Amber very irritating and couldn't understand that 100% U turn in the end, so atypical of her, but I'm glad she did so the story had a happy ending :)
ajachowder1 chapter 18 . 8/6/2014
ConeGriffin chapter 18 . 6/25/2014
You have very good taste in music.
I dont know many people who know the songs that you do.

Nice story. Creepily relate to Branwyn? Bronwyn? Not with her situation but just the way she is.
Love the name Emery!

-Cone
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
I think the story would've been a little better if you would've stopped at the paragraph where Bronwyn kisses Emery just to see what would've been. It would've made more sense for the story instead of
Amber saying "It's cool. I won't mind; Go ahead - go makeout with my ex-boyfriend!". Not only is this out of character, it is TOTALLY against girl-code for a girl to date her sister's ex-boyfriend! Even if said girl and ex-boyfriend are better together than said sister and ex-boyfriend.
You're writing is really good though! And funny, too!
Guest chapter 18 . 4/17/2014
I read this fic a couple of years ago and for some reason I woke up this morning frantically searching for it. Lol I dunno why. I suddenly remember the scene "Bronny stretching while Emery is checking her out." It is so much better than twilight and all this new YA stuff nowadays. I wonder if you have a publish work. I'll buy your books even though Im broke.
MusicGurl8129 chapter 18 . 3/9/2014
YAY! Her sister was actually decent and not self centered for one! HELL MUST OF FREEZED OVER.
Haha, great ending. ;)
MusicGurl8129 chapter 13 . 3/6/2014
Amber is such a jerk, a horrible Sister. I can't stand her. UGH.
1,341 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »