Reviews for Emery & Me
gunner-girl chapter 18 . 11/2/2012
:( that was a great ending...but I want morrrreeeeeeee. I loved it! I love, love, love, love, love Emery and everything...everything! Soooooooooo, you get me, write more!
justjuice chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Great chapter. cant wait to read more:D
balloonfista chapter 18 . 10/20/2012
Loved this story. This isn't my usual style of story, but that isn't a bad thing because you drew me into your writing even though your style is so wonderfully different from what I used to. Loved the unusual premise of the story and the different take on the whole sister's boyfriend thing is usually dealt with in a rather immature and dramatic way.

And Bronwyn - wow, her crazy antics made me smile and laugh so much! Thank you :))

Ri
Sheryl chapter 18 . 10/6/2012
This was a really good story...right about till chapter 15.

I have an older sister as well and I can totally understand how Bronwyn feels. She's prettier, smarter more awesome and all. And the relationship between her and Amber is something I can totally relate to. So I love the fact that this story had a very realistic feel to it.

What I didn't like was how Bronwyn didn't confront her earlier. It annoyed me to no end that she keeps thinking she's gonna somehow fix it WHILE NOT DOING ANYTHING. And whenever they did have their confrontations, she never said the things that should have been said to Amber! Like how she was being a bitch for not trusting Bronwyn enough that Bronwyn would not steal Emery. Or how she had no right to start screaming at her when she did nothing wrong. In fact, she had no right to do anything.
I get that Bronwyn is just a bit more spineless when it comes to Amber but its not fair that she got treated that way. There were so many things left unsaid I was close to tearing my hair out. And Amber just keeps coming up with vague ish insinuations and making Bronwyn feel like crap and Bronwyn just takes it. She didn't get to bitch out at Amber like she so rightiously deserves! As much as I like Bronwyn, I can't help but hate her as well. I know she's not a doormat, letting people -her sister- walk over her but...gah she IS a doormat.

Another thing is I got really annoyed at the fact that Emery couldn't understand that getting in between sisters is practically a sin. I mean, he was being downright a jackass for expecting Bronwyn to betray her sister for him. It was really selfish of him.

Other than that, the story was pretty good. Matt was such a fun character and so was Andrea. And I especially loved Opal.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh or anything. It's just...reading a story that I can really relate to (the sisterly bond, not the guy getting between us lol) and being the younger sister like Bronwyn, I could feel all the pain and sadness that Bronwyn feels and it sucks when you have your older sister bitch at you for no reason. So I just felt that how everything was handled was a bit wrong.

Nevertheless you're a good author so rock on. -inserts smiley cause fictionpress won't allow certain symbols-
WhenAllSeemsDark chapter 18 . 9/4/2012
I read this story a few years ago and I just re-read it a few days ago. I forgot if I had reviewed or not, but just in case I didn't yet, let me tell you that this story is seriously amazing. I love how you managed to make the readers understand all of Browyn's feelings. Many parts of this story seriously made me tear up, haha.

Anyways, great job with this! It's fantastic! (:

-WhenAllSeemsDark
raina-night chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
by far one of the best stories i've read so far!please keep writing stories x
The Quotidian Life chapter 18 . 8/25/2012
Nice story. Some sections were a tad slow, but nevertheless, I still enjoyed it!

I'm guessing you're from Sydney, considering you're mentioning the HSC. Lol, I'm actually sitting it in a few months...

Cheers,
TQL
Make Your Mark chapter 18 . 8/12/2012
Awwwww... This is soooo CUTE! :D
Guest chapter 18 . 7/20/2012
wow this is soooo amazing! you had me laughing the entire time! i really do enjoy your kind of humor :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie from A Drop of Romeo and as you know, your story has been added to our site. Recently, however, your review has undergone a rewrite so here it is:

Rosie Thinks: I'm always pretty vocal about my dislike of love triangles, but I will admit that a love triangle can be amazing when done right - and I consider this a love triangle done right. Emery is Bronwyn's sister's (Amber's) new boyfriend. He appears at first to be a bit of a bad boy but as the story progresses, you get insight into his character and see how sweet and loveable he really is. Bronwyn loves her sister and has always been close to her, despite being a tad jealous, and so doesn't understand why lately Amber has been so distant. Finding this out creates some suspense and is one of the very many reasons why I kept clicking the 'next' button.

The interactions and tension between Emery, Amber and Bronwyn is palpable. .Wardrobe has captured the family dynamics between the two sisters perfectly and realistically. Even though at the beginning you're lead to not like Amber very much, the author still doesn't paint her as an all-round bad character. Rather, Amber stays realistic and well-balanced, though I can't say I liked her much, especially at the start

This story is another case of extremely well written dialogue that just flows, expressing each character perfectly. Bronwyn was a little bit quirky but entirely loveable. She made for a great MC and I enjoyed being inside her head for the story. Nothing in this story is overly-cliche and it was a great read, especially since .Wardrobe has such an amazing way with words. And she's a fellow Australian, which just made the story that much better for me!
Fell4 chapter 18 . 7/3/2012
I'm so glad they got together! Amazing ending!
Fell4 chapter 12 . 7/3/2012
I like Cobe better than Emery. He's just so sweet! XD
Lexi chapter 18 . 6/26/2012
NO KISS? wtf.
MissKukyMonster chapter 18 . 6/17/2012
Awesome story! The drama was almost too much for me, but I really like how the characters didn't mess it up and be jerks, but did what was best for the other characters; it was really sweet! (and based on some of your soundtrack bands, I wanted to suggest you check out the bands Mae and The Dodos if you haven't yet :D)
LittleBloom chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
LOVED IT. O_O. Your great at writing.
1,329 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »